Contribute
Register

Blank/Invisible Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so it must be a problem with the HW or a bug... Later on (probably tomorrow now) - I'll uninstall my 550ti and try with the HD4000 built-in graphics which should now be supported anyway!

i think it's just a bug with the software. This also happened to a lot of people with the 10.7.4 patch. Hopefully they'll have a fix for it. I am going to try downgrading to lion and upgrading it.

Just tried installing without graphics card using the integrated HD3000 -- same problem.

has anyone solved this issue, or have any ideas? how widespread is this?

Trying to figure out what the common thread might be here. Please post detailed hardware and methods used:

ME:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme socket 2011/intel x79
Intel 3930k 6-core Sandy Bridge
EVGA GTX 670, OOB, Latest CUDA
System Definition Mac Pro (3,1 & 5,1)
Fresh Install + Upgrade Install exhibit same issue

has anyone solved this issue, or have any ideas? how widespread is this?

Trying to figure out what the common thread might be here. Please post detailed hardware and methods used:

ME:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme socket 2011/intel x79
Intel 3930k 6-core Sandy Bridge
EVGA GTX 670, OOB, Latest CUDA
System Definition Mac Pro (3,1 & 5,1)
Fresh Install + Upgrade Install exhibit same issue

My Spec:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, F12
Intel i7-2600k Sandy Bridge
Gigabyte AMD Radeon 6870
Attempts:
Fresh Install w/ and w/o graphics card, upgrade install all exhibit the problem

The only way I have found to restore these is to do a full new install. I had to use an nVidia GTX260 video card in place of the ATI 6870 for the UniBeast install. After it completed, I replaced the nVidia with the ATI card, and all of the icons were there. Now, I just have to solve my no sound problem.

I decided to clean install and it helped. After that everything worked just great. Gfx, network, sound, EVERYTHING. In Multibeast I selected only FakeSMC, Chimera and Atheros. Woow.. ML is running much smoother than Lion.

I'm still having the same issues and will do a backup and a clean install of ML as this seems to work.

FYI this is what I've tried so far without any improvement in my missing icons:

Tried with the on-board HD4000 graphics - no change
Re-run Fix Permissions - no change
Re-installed over existing installation - no change
Updated graphics drivers for my GT 550ti - no change

So looks like my only option is a backup, wipe the HDD and start from scratch! Fingers crossed this will work! Will write back when tested, but it may be a few days as this issue isn't too much of a pain for me right now and I've got quite a few things I want to do today!

Did an upgrade last night, had the same issue, did a clean install twice, still the same issue, redid my USB stick with Unibeast again and did a clean install again, still same issue. I really hope somebody finds a way to fix this soon, it's getting a bit annoying.

I finally figured it out. Instead of using Unibeast use the Xmove Mountain Lion Method and install over your current. I had to unplug my video card when I did it, and plugged back in after the install and now everything works perfectly. I got sound, internet, video, and iCloud, facetime , app store working. Hope this method works for you guys too. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back