Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 today, right after that my computer did all the reboots and the system loaded but I only have a black scrteen now, I managed to login through teamviewer and I see the system loaded,.
Also I noticed on about this mac that there is no Video card adapter showing at all, but under system report my GPU shows Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 555 when I have a RX 560 video card, I have already upgraded LILU and whatevergreen to latest versions that are supposed to work with the new MACOS

IMG_9863.jpg

also something curious is that the sounds is working on the system through the hdmi cable the video should be coming out of

Anyone else have experience with this?
if so please help me out

Are you definitely running 1.3.4 or above for whatevergreen?

I had the same issue with my RX 580 running display port monitors. I cleaned up my Kexts and have been good since.
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 5.58.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 6.00.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 6.02.01 AM.png

I also switched the monitors to HDMI and havent switched back to display port to test they now working

thanx for answering, yes I have the latest version of whatevergreen on the EFI->Clover->Kext->other folder, but I noticed when I ren the hakintool that my whatevergreen file shows version 1.2.9 instead of 1.3.4 even thou I installed it on the EFI partition and the System/Library/Extensions folder

Dont know what to do now, how can I check where the whatevergreen 1.2.9 is loaded from?

Thanx

Hmm... Spotlight search? Or check your 10.11-10.15 folders. The advice I was given was to put all the kexts you need for your particular hack in the Other subfolder not S/L/E so you can block them in Clover if you are having an issue.

I dont have anything on any of the 10.11-15 folders, lla my kexts are in the other folder, also there is not whatevergreen nor lilu in the S/L/E folder, that's why I am clueless of where the files are loading from
I also just rebuilt the kext cache and still the same issue with black screen

Have you looked in the L/E (not S/L/E folder)?

I just did and found the freaking lilu and whatevergreen kext in it

what I did was with the hakintool disabled Gatekeeper and then deleted the files, then rebuilt the kext cache with hakintool, thenI checked again and viola! its shows the right versions, and after a reboot I am back to normal with my video back to normal.

Thanx for all the help everyone, you guys are amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back