Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CorebookX(2021)
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Hi guys,
I've been working on G5 case modding for some months and finally managed to get it almost Completed.

The concept of my build is a case for ultimate high-end workstation or gaming rig. Which can hold large SSI EEB mobo to support dual CPU configuration and possesses 9 expansion slots so that 4-way SLI/CrossFireX is Available.

I will show you what I've made until now, hope you like its color and concept ;P

The pic taken just after I finished painting.
IMG_1835.jpg

Internal layout. There are some dirty areas but no one can see when parts are placed :)
IMG_1834(2).jpg

Front IOs attachment
IMG_1837.jpg

Rear side overview. The PSU penetrates round corner to leave space for expansion cards.
IMG_1841.jpg

Also XL-ATX mobo should be available but I don't have any XL-ATX boards to confirm.

It actually works with two CPUs.
IMG_1842.jpg

The green light within black and gold shines sooo sweet doesn't it?

Current parts of this build is
  • SuperMicro X10DAX
  • Xeon E5-2630L v4 x2
  • DDR4 RDIMM 4GB x4
  • GIGABYTE GTX970
  • 64GB SATA3 SSD x3 in RAID0
  • 1.5TB HDD
  • SilverStone 1000W PSU
With enough budget, you can put up to two 22 core CPUs and quad VGAs to make a world's most powerful G5.

But it has some problems which are
  • No acrylic window yet.
  • Something is blocking side panel.
  • 2.5 inch bay is extremely hard to use. (cos there's no enough space behind it)
  • No Apple logo on right side
  • No OSX installed yet.
So, I'm going to solve the problems above one by one. I'll add pictures when I got some progress.
And if someone is interested in my build, I'm happy to post pictures of making process.

sanoayyk your project is very interesting. I would really like to see more detail photos. For example the rear panel appears to have much custom work and yet you only note the PSU mounting innovation.

Again I like your project.

Good modding,
neil

sanoayyk your project is very interesting. I would really like to see more detail photos. For example the rear panel appears to have much custom work and yet you only note the PSU mounting innovation.

Again I like your project.

Good modding,
neil

Hi, neilhart! Glad to hear you love my build.

I think my rear panel doesn't have so much special things.
This is the naked structure, you can see that all I did is just what every modder does.
IMG_1792(2).jpg

Cutting, epoxying then sanding.

And the frame for IO panel and expansion slots, may be the only spacial point, is simply transplanted from a XL-ATX case.
20160912123901a37.jpg

Obviously it is longer than ordinary 7-slot frame so PSU placement is required to be anomalous.
I decided to destroy one round corner but it turned out to be epic looking.

Is your intention to run OS X or macOS on this system?

Please post progress detail.

Good modding,
neil

Is your intention to run OS X or macOS on this system?

Please post progress detail.

Good modding,
neil

Yes I wanna make it a hackintosh if possible.
Till now I've tied some methods but OSX crashes at the translation from clover.
Since there is no official support for broadwell extreme by apple it must be a hard work.
Anyway I will add detail when I got any progress:p

Awesome build.

You passively cool the CPUs and use the rear / front fans only for airflow?

Awesome build.

You passively cool the CPUs and use the rear / front fans only for airflow?

I put one fan between two coolers. Another fan is located on rear.
Each cpu is only 55W so fan less should also be enough with FX70.

+1 really nice color combination.

glad that someone made a gold + black mod. i was thinking of this color combination before sanoayyk because of the new macbook pros with gold color but was afraid to do it coz of the peripherals that i need to use with it.

really like what you did :D

how about more photos?

+1 really nice color combination.

glad that someone made a gold + black mod. i was thinking of this color combination before sanoayyk because of the new macbook pros with gold color but was afraid to do it coz of the peripherals that i need to use with it.

really like what you did :D

how about more photos?

Hi voidfahrenheit
Thanks to check out my mod thread!

Not only you but also I am the one got idea of gold color from macbook. The real macbook's gold color is not a simple gold, it seems to contain a bit of pink or red. I wish someone can find a method to imitate that color using spray.

Now I'm trying to install OSX on it and there are still some works of case modding remaining. I'll add more photos when my machine becomes even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back