2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Decklink mini monitor 4K - PCIe video I/O card Not working on Motherboard Z590 Aorus pro AX.
Same card is working well on Z490 and H470 Motherboards.

Desktop Video Application version 12.4, I have tested the same with different versions and MacOS Versions

Setup 1-
Core i9 10900K + Z590 Aorus pro AX + RX6600 + Decklink mini monitor 4K + Mac OS 12.4 + OC 8.2 - All working Except Video IO Card

Setup 2-
Core i9 10900K + H470M DS3H + RX6600 + Decklink mini monitor 4K + Mac OS 12.4 + OC 8.2 - All working ..Video outputs from Blackmagic are working Perfectly

Setup 3-
Core i9 10900K + Z590 Aorus pro AX + RX6600 + Decklink mini monitor 4K + Windows10 - All working ..Video outputs from Blackmagic are working Perfectly

Any Solution for Z590 Aorus Pro AX with macOS?

Are the Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K Drivers loading on the Z590 when running macOS Monterey?

Yes . I used the official driver from https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/capture-and-playback

After installation, before rebooting, I opened terminal, and pasted this command:

sudo mv /Library/Application\ Support/Blackmagic\ Design/Blackmagic\ DeckLink/Signed\ Extensions/BlackmagicIO.kext /Library/Extensions

Then allowed it to load on Security and privacy

The hardware was detected properly..

On z590 Aorus pro AX with Core i9 10900K - No video output.. Hangs while opening Blackmagic Media Express / Hangs While trying to enable Video output of Davinci resolve / OBS / FCPX or Premiere. But I can select the Hardware on every applications

then i tried the same procedure on H470/ Z490 Boards with Core i9 10900K - I have all video outputs.. Blackmagic Media Express / Davinci resolve / OBS / FCPX or Premiere all are working Properly

I have tried Catalina also, on both boards with RX570 GPU..
Same results, I can't get the BMD video outputs while using Z590

Last edited:
any solution to this?
Same i have a intensity pro 4k on z590 ud on the 1st slot and 6800xt or the last slot. this made my machine to shut down randomly.Thought it might be graphic card issue so swiped it still has the problem. Declink works only on slot 1

If the H470 & Z490 Boards worked with the i9-10900K CPU/IGPU enabled, then that says to me that the issue is likely to be that the Hardware won't function with the unsupported chipset (Z590).

The lack of IGPU or issues with the SMBIOS being the most obvious reasons.

I'm not sure what would be required to patch this issue, as it isn't clear from your testing if the Decklink PCIe card requires the natively supported IGPU to work correctly, i.e. QuickSync from the IGPU.

Assumption is that you are disabling the IGPU in the bios and using an SMBIOS that only has a discrete GPU present, i.e. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 when using the Z590 board.

The other assumption is that you used an iMac20,2 SMBIOS when using the two 400-series boards, with the IGPU enabled in the Bios.

Have you tried putting Decklink_Driver.kext and BlackmagicIO.kext into your Kext folder on your OpenCore EFI, and enabling them with the config.plist? This is the only way to get past the kext security on 2 of my machines I'm not willing to do clean installs on.

If the H470 & Z490 Boards worked with the i9-10900K CPU/IGPU enabled, then that says to me that the issue is likely to be that the Hardware won't function with the unsupported chipset (Z590).

The lack of IGPU or issues with the SMBIOS being the most obvious reasons.

I'm not sure what would be required to patch this issue, as it isn't clear from your testing if the Decklink PCIe card requires the natively supported IGPU to work correctly, i.e. QuickSync from the IGPU.

Assumption is that you are disabling the IGPU in the bios and using an SMBIOS that only has a discrete GPU present, i.e. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 when using the Z590 board.

The other assumption is that you used an iMac20,2 SMBIOS when using the two 400-series boards, with the IGPU enabled in the Bios.
I have tested All SMBIOS versions -iMac20,2 | iMacPro 1,1 | MacPro 7,1
and all IGPU modes IGPU Enabled and disabled Combinations
The result was Same

Also tested with another AMDGPU RX580 & RX570 -same results
The hardware was detected properly..But No video out & Hangs while Using it

On z590 Aorus pro AX with Core i9 10900K - No video output.. Hangs while opening Blackmagic Media Express / Hangs While trying to enable Video output of Davinci resolve / OBS / FCPX or Premiere. But I can select the Hardware on every applications

Windows10/11 - All working ..Video outputs from Blackmagic are working Perfectly

Have you tried putting Decklink_Driver.kext and BlackmagicIO.kext into your Kext folder on your OpenCore EFI, and enabling them with the config.plist? This is the only way to get past the kext security on 2 of my machines I'm not willing to do clean installs on.
tried, Same results

Any update ?
I'm having hard time to install BlackMagicDesign's "desktop video" on Ventura
EDIT
I succeed to install Desktop Video 12.1
12.2 ➧ 12.5 fail !!
UPDATE
Resolve 18.6 + Desktop Video 12.1 + Decklink Mini Monitor : OK
Resolve 18.6 + Desktop Video 12.1 + Decklink 8K Pro : FAIL
UPDATE 2
Resolve 18.6 + Desktop Video 12.6 + Decklink 8K Pro : OK

Last edited:
You made my day

BlackMagic.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 01.24.44.png

Back