Contribute
Register

Blacking out of parts of the menubar under NVIDIA PASCAL drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
1080ti FTW3
Mac
  1. iMac
As per title, every few minutes, sections of the menubar gets blacked out in a solid rectangle/block. This only happens over some icons I have in the menubar, and does not seem specific to a particular software either.

I suspect this is related to NVIDIA pascal drivers, but just want to check if anyone else has had this problem?

Thank you.

As per title, every few minutes, sections of the menubar gets blacked out in a solid rectangle/block. This only happens over some icons I have in the menubar, and does not seem specific to a particular software either.

I suspect this is related to NVIDIA pascal drivers, but just want to check if anyone else has had this problem?

Thank you.
Check that your integrated graphics are disabled in your BIOS settings.

I did have iGPU disabled in BIOS but realised, and now have unchecked/disabled the 'Inject Intel' in my EFI config.plist. So far seems so good (in the last 15 minutes there has been no brief black boxes)!!

Thank you very much. If it does re appear, I will be sure to post back in this thread :)

I just want to up this, the problem has returned. Its just a fleeting '2 second' or so solid blacking of menubar graphics of the apps running, completely random where it lands on. Happens about 3-4 times an hour.

Anyone with ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back