Contribute
Register

Black/White G4 Haswell Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I simply made a USB with unibeast, followed the guide, and with the HD4600 i had to boot in safemode the first time. Then i ran Chimera 2.2.0 to get the graphics fully working. I then ran Multibeast to set my system definition, and found that my build would only boot if it was listed as a Mac Mini 6.2.

Then i booted again (without safemode), and it worked just fine.

- Mathias

A beautiful Hackintosh, this is. Be proud of your craftmanship.
This is encouraging to do something similar.

Thank you!

I am proud! As a teenager, it required a lot of effort to get everything work with time and money, but boy i am glad i went with this build!

- Mathias

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow. That is gorgeous. Absolutely awesome job on the case.

Thank you!

I think the black/white is absolutely stunning on a G4 ;)

- Mathias

I've got the same board and ran into some issues as well. I had to disable VT-d to get the computer to reliably boot.

The day before yesterday my pc wouldn't power off properly, it would just reboot after shutdown. I fixed that with disabling wake on lan.

In Multibeast, select the ALC 892 and sound should be working fine. For networking I selected the Atheros and Intel kexts and those network ports also work fine after that.

I also switched the wifi mini PCIe for an OSX compatible one out of a laptop i had and wifi works (but no bluetooth ofc). You should be able to find a compatible PCIe card for less than €10 on ebay.

I currently am using triple monitors on the HD4600 and it all works just fine.

Thanks for the recommendation,

I will look into the more OS X compatible mini PCI cards, and definately try more monitors with the HD4600. I am looking into getting some older cinemadisplays to match the design ;)

- Mathias

- - - Updated - - -

I have this mobo and have not any problem.
I don't have time now to correct my post but i will soon : http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/111060-success-ga-h87n-wifi-4770-hd4600.html

Great build!

- Mathias

Hi,

The painting is powdercoated on with a very fine airbrush. It is non-toxic paint, which means that you cant really smell it once it has dried out. Multiplelayers have been painted, and just a little advice. Pop out the ring in the handle before painting and, plug it in again afterwards. Else the paint will crack, it did so in mine.

. Mathias

No, any brand should do, its not so much about the brush, more the man behind it. My uncle told me some tips, and i painted it a couple times. If at first you dont succeed, try again, then you will eventually get it.

- Mathias

Absolutely beautiful! You should be very proud! I love your color choices also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back