Contribute
Register

black screens after boot with GTX 560TI in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if apple drops it, nvidia must have included it in the alternative web driver

I'm having similar problems with my 560ti. Did anyone find a fix for this? I know it is possible!

I managed to get El Capitan running with Nvidia Web Drivers with both screens displaying correctly, but the next day could not get it to boot again.

So I reinstalled it, got it running but only 1 screen and the the system profiler was recognising it as a 17'8" (its actually 22) and a resolution of 1024 x 768. Made no difference if Nvidia Web Drivers were installed or not.

Now I can't even reinstall El Capitan from USB. Maybe the problem is with the way Unibeast creates the Clover bootloader USB (in a way that is incompatible with the 560ti).

Have tried every boot flag under the sun it seems, replaced VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in the drivers, tried both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi... im stumped. Been on it for 3 days :banghead:straight.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm stuck with much the same problem, only a single monitor.

i don't know if this helps anyone:
I just put a 560ti in a Mac Pro and it works great under Sierra with NVIDIA WebDrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back