Graphics
GTX1050ti
Help me! this is taking me crazy, my specs:
Gigabyte H61-DS2 with i7
Nvidia 1050ti
High sierra 10.13 installed

Plugged with sony tv kdl46nx all works fine
Plugged with hp24xw monitor black screen on boot up

Maybe a concern with hdmi 1.4 vs hdmi 2.0????

Help!!!!!!and thanks!!!

HDMI 2 is unsupported.
Thanks for the answer,, i'll update my profile
The HP24xw has two hdmi inputs,,, i guess this monitor is trying to work in hdmi 2.0
so, what is the solution?
buy hdmi 1.4 cable?

what is the solution?
I don't know as I do not use any HDMI 2 monitors.
Some monitors allow you to switch modes in the menu.
I think that if the monitor is in HDMI 2 mode then changing the cable to 1.4 may not work - YMMV.

I don't know as I do not use any HDMI 2 monitors.
Some monitors allow you to switch modes in the menu.
I think that if the monitor is in HDMI 2 mode then changing the cable to 1.4 may not work - YMMV.

I am having a similar problem. My computer boots black screen unless I use a specific monitor, an Acer P235H. Here's the weird part. It won't work on an older, lower resolution monitor (an Acer X191W) using HDMI-to-DVI (it lacks HDMI plugs).

It boots black on my new Philips Momentum 326M using DisplayPort too. I can only see during boot when I use the Acer P235H, which is a problem because I can only see for about 3 seconds each time I cycle the power switch (it's going bad).

So whatever is going on in my case, it only wants to show me my boot on a specific monitor. Please help me figure this out before that monitor totally dies.

I am having a similar problem. My computer boots black screen unless I use a specific monitor, an Acer P235H. Here's the weird part. It won't work on an older, lower resolution monitor (an Acer X191W) using HDMI-to-DVI (it lacks HDMI plugs).

It boots black on my new Philips Momentum 326M using DisplayPort too. I can only see during boot when I use the Acer P235H, which is a problem because I can only see for about 3 seconds each time I cycle the power switch (it's going bad).

So whatever is going on in my case, it only wants to show me my boot on a specific monitor. Please help me figure this out before that monitor totally dies.
Try this. Boot with the one monitor, delete from your home folder ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.windowserver*.plist (maybe several files with different system IDs). Reboot then plug in the other display.

Please help me figure this out before that monitor totally dies.
Instead of hijacking another user's thread you should start a new one of your own.

Instead of hijacking another user's thread you should start a new one of your own.

I did that. And I also thought the purpose of these forums were to jump into conversations focusing on similar problems. That's what other mods have told me.

I did that. And I also thought the purpose of these forums were to jump into conversations focusing on similar problems.
You do not even have similar hardware to the OP.

That's what other mods have told me.
Post link to that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back