Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4960X
Graphics
GTX 970 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm nearly at 10.6.7. Once done, I'll post my installation method across the web. I'm using an older, solid, Dell Inspiron 1520 with stock hardware (can't find anything about it on web as it's older version with Celeron CPU).

Anyway, I got up to the point where I now boot, grey apple screen with loading wheel, screen goes blue for 1/2 seconds and then goes black.

I've edited my DSDT.aml to include the x3100 and fixed an unknown DGTP error so my DSDT has no errors..

Anyway, if I use the Hot Corner trick, it wakes to the point where I have a black screen and a mouse cursor on screen but nothing else. However, I do still have sound etc so it seems like it has fully booted bar the screen.

I can sense that I'm nearly there! Anyone able to help with my final push? I've got sound, USB, trackpad, card reader, wireless, ethernet etc all sorted. Only this final element to go!

Cheers.

SORTED: Had to reinstall the updated X3100 kexts, bundles and plugins (as I'd tried to revert to older ones as per instructions I'd found. Once new ones installed, all working now with Hot Corners to wake desktop!

Finally, a fully working and lush Dell Inspiron 1520 running 10.6.7 with full 1280x800 resolution and QE/CL :D

Kick butt! Congrats! :headbang:

hi, can you post/attach the kexts for x3100? i've been looking for the kexts but i could not find it.. thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back