Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

I patched with the AGDPfix.app but I still have the black screen at apple logo loading. I am on Sierra 10.12.6 and I try to boot with a Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition. If anyone can help me I would be really grateful :)

I'm using Lilu and WhatEverGreen, haven't used AGDPfix.app since this time I started to use them.

Just upgraded to 10.14.5 and I'm still unable to use my second display. Lilu is the latest, WEG is the latest. AGDPfix.app still not doing its thing :(

Hi, I am on SMBIOS MacPro 6,1. I just upgraded to 10.14.6. I was previously running my display just fine after using this patch:
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                Ym9hcmQtaXg=
                </data>
            </dict>

Since I upgraded, the display will not work after boot, and I am forced to use the iMac 14,2 config which has difficulties doing JPEG previews for example. Any idea what I need to do to get the display to work again under MacPro 6,1? Thanks in advance.

Since I upgraded, the display will not work after boot, and I am forced to use the iMac 14,2 config which has difficulties doing JPEG previews for example. Any idea what I need to do to get the display to work again under MacPro 6,1? Thanks in advance.

According to your profile you should not. NVIDA is not supported on Mojave. That’s it.

These patches do not work anymore with 10.14.6; Monitor goes to sleep...

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: 626F6172 642D6964
Replace: 626F6172 642D6978
Comment: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha

com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: BA050000 00
Replace: BA000000 00
Comment: Prevent AGDP from loading

How can that be I have been on Mojave all year with NVIDIA. I am on Mojave now just under SMBIOS 14,2. The only problem is this profile, the JPEG images do not preview in Finder. @telepati - can you suggest another patch? Thanks.
Mojave has Apple drivers for old Kepler Nvidia cards (your GTX 650 Ti and my GTX 680, as well as earlier 700 series). High Sierra is the last to support Maxwell (750, 750Ti, 900 series) and Pascal (1000 series) (requires Nvidia web drivers which don't exist for Mojave). RTX is not supported by any macOS.

Mojave has Apple drivers for old Kepler Nvidia cards (your GTX 650 Ti and my GTX 680, as well as earlier 700 series). High Sierra is the last to support Maxwell (750, 750Ti, 900 series) and Pascal (1000 series) (requires Nvidia web drivers which don't exist for Mojave). RTX is not supported by any macOS.

Please note, that METAL is not working on those older NVIDIA cards properly. Yes, you might have picture, but you cannot use cards properly for various tasks, that require GPU.

The best option on case of using Mojave - buy a proper AMD video card!

Please note, that METAL is not working on those older NVIDIA cards properly. Yes, you might have picture, but you cannot use cards properly for various tasks, that require GPU.
What's a simple test that shows this problem with METAL? System Information.app shows "Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4". GFXBench Metal appears to work well.

Back