Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Hi,

I thin i'm experiencing this exact problem using Intel HD 530 and MacPro14,2. Mouse is responsive, keyboard short cuts seem to work, but screen is black after apple loading screen. I'm on sierra, btw, and here's the thread i created iwth some more details:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-black-screen-w-cursor.213181/#post-1422798

At this point, i'm unclear reading through the first couple pages how exactly i can edit my config.plist when i cannot get to my desktop. Usually, i use EFI mount to do that.

Currently, i have my unibeast-made sierra boot-drive plugged into my computer, and from clover i tried loading from the external drive - but after it gets past the loading bar i'm still experiencing problems

EDIT: Changed fakeID under "inject-intel" to 0x19120000 - i had this value in the ig-platform-id previously? now ig-platform-id reads "000000000". and now i can get into boot drive. What do i do from here? If i need to change DSDT or config.plist settings, how can i do it from the MacOS installer? Should i have made a clover boot drive instead?

EDIT 2: made the clover boot drive. Booting from that takes me to desktop as below, with responsive cursor but stuck on spinning beach ball.

803709989_6455885394199551280.jpg

Also, ig-platform-id has magically reset to its proper value (should i leave fakeID alone then?). Will try booting from clover usb drive without caches and with injected kexts.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
i use clover patch to fix black screen problem with smbios imac 17,1.

Wanted to throw in my two cents on this - tried this running Intel HD 530, no luck.

Changed it directly (both board version and the product ID) within clover's SMBIOS settings, but screen is still black after loading screen (mouse responsive as before).

Last edited:
Im 95% sure this patch will solve the graphics problems i'm having but I cannot disable sip mode. I have tried 0x67, 0x77, 0x14 settings in clover configurator csr active config setting. the app keeps telling me I need to disable sip mode. Any ideas?

I nave fixed my own problem, i was modifying the wrong plist, agdp fix now works flawlessly

Just to follow up, a week later the exact same thing happened to the second drive i did a fresh install on.

Something seems to be affecting the way the GPU functions, but it has taken so far 4 and then 6 days across two fresh installs on two different SSDs for this problem to manifest. I'm currently staring at the exact same problem i wrote about a week ago, except on a new drive now that was previously completely functional.

I have no idea how to proceed at this point. I cannot afford the time to do a fresh install on a harddrive every week, but so far i've had to do probably 3-5 fresh installs across the 2 drives in the span of about two weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed from here?

Just to follow up, a week later the exact same thing happened to the second drive i did a fresh install on.

Something seems to be affecting the way the GPU functions, but it has taken so far 4 and then 6 days across two fresh installs on two different SSDs for this problem to manifest. I'm currently staring at the exact same problem i wrote about a week ago, except on a new drive now that was previously completely functional.

I have no idea how to proceed at this point. I cannot afford the time to do a fresh install on a harddrive every week, but so far i've had to do probably 3-5 fresh installs across the 2 drives in the span of about two weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed from here?
so you have a black screen but you can see a cursor?

Okay so that means your graphics drivers are working.. I think, I had this same issue earlier today. I don't fully understand but I think this is more of an issue with OS X than with hackintoshes. Once you get to the black screen type the first letter of your login name then hit enter, then type your password and hit enter again, the resolved the issue for me. If this was an issue with your graphics drivers and using the iMac 17,1 system def. your moniters wouldn't be receiving any signal at all. I had both of these issues separately.

After patching everything worked fine. But after the restart black screen again. PLEASE HELP.

Okay so that means your graphics drivers are working.. I think, I had this same issue earlier today. I don't fully understand but I think this is more of an issue with OS X than with hackintoshes. Once you get to the black screen type the first letter of your login name then hit enter, then type your password and hit enter again, the resolved the issue for me. If this was an issue with your graphics drivers and using the iMac 17,1 system def. your moniters wouldn't be receiving any signal at all. I had both of these issues separately.

I am on auto login. after i make it past the boot screen i am already at my desktop.

I am also not using the IMAC 17 sys def - i'm using 14,2 but same issue. How did you resolve your issue short of the login?

Hi,

I have a

* HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR
* Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz Skylake
* GPU: Integrated: Intel® HD Graphics 530 with (2) DisplayPorts with multi - stream
* two monitors on display port
* iMac17 System Definition

I have setup 10.12.2 successfully using tge clover patch only. However I could not boot (from power off state) with both monitors on. I had to boot with only one monitor attached and then once I got to the login screen I had to plug the second monitor.

From that point I could reboot my machine without problem (without going to a power off state). I usually leave my computer *locked* and when I lock it both monitors goto sleep and power off (no signal on the display ports)

I updated a couple of days ago to 10.12.3. The clover patch **does not** work anymore. I installed the AGPfix. Now both my monitors are detected.

**However** when I try to lock the computer and the signal is lost on the display port my computer **reboots!**. This is not happening when I have only the one monitor attached.

Has something changed for the 10.12.3? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Back