Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

I

Had something similar if the graphics settings were injecting nvidia=1 and not the nvd_drv=1 or whatever. It seemed to me that the onboard graphics were not registering and the screen would only come on one the gpu kicked in.
It is possible that my clover configuration version is too new for my setup. I am still on El Capitan but saw the new option for the NVIDIA driver although it was not checked.

Do I need to get a matching clover version for my OS X build number?

Can I upload my config.plist here tomorrow so somebody can have a look at it?

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me could have a loot at it. I don't think there is an issue with how new your Clover is, as pretty much every installation guide suggests to ensure you have the latest version. Not like your hardware is all that old or anything either.

Hi all,
I have hackintosh iMac17,1 and GPU GTX 750 TI.
I had problem with black screen and fix with AGDPfix.
My problems: artifacts only when open Xcode 8.1

Attachments

• Screenshot at Nov 13 00-02-31.png
    Screenshot at Nov 13 00-02-31.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 205
I followed your guide for the R4E build. Worked like a charm with 10.12.1. but for 2 problems.
1) I can't edit the config.plist on the efi partition with Clover Configurator. I keeps crashing when I try to open it.
2) My main problem is I have 2 GTX 970's. if I take one out all runs fine. have 3 monitors connected to 3 DP's. If I reinstall the 2nd card, boot gets to half a bar, all screens go black and system hangs with black screens and a working cursor on 2 of the monitors. I can't remote in since the system never finishes booting. I'd be happy to have both cards recognized and not hanging my system, but short of that, is there a way to force os x to completely ignore the 2nd card. I don't want to take the 2nd one out since I use the 2 SLI in my windows boot. Also, I don't care about HDMI audio since I use a Focusrite usb audio interface.

Edit: I have tried using Mac Pro 6,1 and iMac 14.2. (side note: Geekbench 4 compute doesn't seem to want to work with the MP definition. works fine with 14,2

Edit2: Considered backing down to 10.11.6, but I assume the problems will still exist. One solution would be to go single GTX 1080, but I'd have to stay with Sierra for that and the 10.12+ drivers broke iBooks.​

Last edited:
I hope this helps somebody. If you have multiple monitors and are getting black screens on 10.12 even after applying the AGDPfix, but can login fine with only one monitor - trying turning on your CSM support in your BIOS. That fixed it for me. My setup is skylake, 980Ti, asrock z170 with clover iMac 17,1 profile.

I hope this helps somebody. If you have multiple monitors and are getting black screens on 10.12 even after applying the AGDPfix, but can login fine with only one monitor - trying turning on your CSM support in your BIOS. That fixed it for me. My setup is skylake, 980Ti, asrock z170 with clover iMac 17,1 profile.
Interesting, I'll try it and report back.

hi, that is nice trick to fix 2 display problem. But btw it made resolution's boot screen show not correct have u this prob ? anw nice fix

Yes, the fix works but I notice two things:

- The boot screen image is distorted.
- The video performance is worse than in El Capitan, this could be driver related.

Yes, the fix works but I notice two things:

- The boot screen image is distorted.
- The video performance is worse than in El Capitan, this could be driver related.

BootScreen's Resolution can fix by check CsmVideoDxe-64 under Drivers64UEFI when install Clover. And edit resolution in config file to fit your Display if need !

Back