Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

I have found on my system that SIP will not be completely disabled unless the rtVariable parameter is set to "0x77". Consequently the AGDPfix.app will not run with "0x67" set, for instance. For that setting, SIP is only partially disabled and the "NVRAM" is still "protected." (At least that's what Terminal says.)

Hmmm... How can we then disable SIP completely (El Capitan)?

Hmmm... How can we then disable SIP completely (El Capitan)?

Open Clover Configurator and in the far left column select "RtVariables." At top right, you will see a hex number. Possibly "0x3" or "0x67." Edit that to be "0x77" and save the file. SIP will be fully disabled. This will enable Shilohh's "AGDPfix.app" program to run. Once it is finished, you are free to return the variable value to wherever you want it.

I tried AGDPfix and it didn't work. It still shuts down the mobitor at boot. Then I tried the maciasl, and when I got to the compile part, I ran into this:
View attachment 217209
I really don't know the encoding of what is wrong, neither where to change the encoding. I checked the text and it doesn't have any utf or some other encoding stuff. I mean, it's all code, even tried to erase comments.

I use the AGDPfix.app an the computer will now boot completely to desktop but as soon as the wallpaper is shown and the menu bar starts loading it freezes up. Any guidance is appreciated.

So I have a EVGA 980 Ti. I have it connected to 3 monitors (27 Dell 4K), 2 using DP and 1 using HDMI. If I connect all three using DP, I get blank screen ...if I connect 2 with DP and 1 with HDMI I get blank screen. The only way it works is if only one monitor is connected at boot (HDMI only)-Then once the login screen appears, I plug the other DP monitors and all three work. It does not work any other way. This is a bitch as every time I need to reboot - I need to unplug the 2 DP monitors and replug them back when it logs in.

Now I have done the GFX1 modification as suggested on the DSDT and my card shows up as GFX1 - however, I still have this problem. This leads me to believe that there is something else other than AGDP that is causing this problem.

Oh Guru's on TonyMac - you know who you are..please help. I am willing to sacrifice a goat to please the gods.

I've built a new GA-Z170X-UD5 system w/Intel 6700K Core i7 CPU and a GeForce GTX 970 GPU. I've set my system definition to iMac 17,1, and I've done everything as vanilla as possible using clover and some DSDT patching. The only way I could get my monitors to work was with AGDPfix.app. I'd really like to get it to work without this app, as I don't want to have to run it every time Apple decides to push out a new system update.

Back