Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

I have a similar problem. I just updated to Sierra on my skylake build with system definition 17,1.

The AGDPFix worked for the next reboot, but any reboot after that and I get the monitor going into sleep mode. If I boot without the nvidia drivers and run those two commands (sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches) the following boot will work perfectly with the nvidia drivers.

Any idea how to make this setting "stick" as you say?

I figured this out with the help of this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...gm-ga-170x-ultra-gaming-nvidia-950gtx.202072/

• Boot with nv_disable=1
  • Remove nvda_drv=1 from your config.plist and add the new:
    <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
    <true/>
    To System parameters
  • Make sure your board id is set to "none" in
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • Run:
    sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
    sudo kextcache -system-caches

And that worked for me!

Thanks all for the great resources on here.

Yeah, that works at first but the following days when you install programs that modify somehow the kernel cache the black screen appears sometimes :(

There's an error sometimes too when you rebuild the kernel cache, "it already exists" or something like that.

Could you put the system to sleep? Does it come back?

This thread helped my with my X99 / 750Ti build. Thanks!

Don't work for me, I tried AGDPFix v1.3, set NvidiaWeb, sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches, reinstall web drivers... My system definition is iMac12.1, GPU: Nvidia GTX660ti.
upd: Finally I managed to displays work:
1) Replaced back AppleGraphicsControl.kext
2) Set iMac 13,2 in System Definition via Clover Configurator magic wand.

Last edited:
Don't work for me, I tried AGDPFix v1.3, set NvidiaWeb, sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches, reinstall web drivers... My system definition is iMac12.1, GPU: Nvidia GTX660ti.

MP 6.1 with GTX 960

How Did you replace back the file? Shall I just download original version from internet ? Any preferred links ? Apple ?

Will changing to iMac13.2 affect my processor ( I have Skylake i5 6600K)

Will changing to iMac13.2 affect my processor ( I have Skylake i5 6600K)
Skylake systems like yours should use iMac14,2. It's the "safest" SysDef to use to get your system running successfully.

Hi Everyone,

Having trouble here as well. I originally updated to Sierra and I had the black screen on boot up. I was able to fix the problem with the AGDPfix (still works without NvidiaWeb for some reason). I have the latest webdrivers installed as well. It was working great for a few days then suddenly my screen went black.
I have been trying to fix with everyone's suggestions but nothing seems to work.
Here is my current situation;
Mac boots with apple logo, starts loading up and then monitor goes black ( I assume its going to sleep because it is not getting a signal.)
I can remote in and everything seems to be working fine, even the Nvidia Web drivers are being used.

I cant seem to get it to recognize the drivers no matter what I do.
I uploaded my config, maybe you guys can see something I can't? Any help would be incredibly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 193
How to uninstall ADGPfix?
How to revert all process?

Back