Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Hi, is this only for Geforce Gpu??

Is it good to go with Radeon Gpu?

Joe

Hi, is this only for Geforce Gpu??

Is it good to go with Radeon Gpu?

Joe
It should work with AMD but I can't say for sure as I don't have one to test. What exactly is your issue?

shilohh , I have two graphics, one in NPE3 and other in NPE7.
Rename all to GFX1 ? or GFX1 and GFX2 ?
Yes, all GFX1. Any GPU named anything other than GFX1 will lose signal after OSX loads.

shilohh - any chance you can modify the patch so it can work on model MacBookAir6,2? The model identifier works best with my system since it allows for proper speedstep. Thank you in advance any help you can provide.

shilohh - any chance you can modify the patch so it can work on model MacBookAir6,2? The model identifier works best with my system since it allows for proper speedstep. Thank you in advance any help you can provide.
What motherboard/CPU do you have? You should update your profile with your motherboard model instead of "Apple" and your actual CPU model instead of just "i7" so users can better assist you when you post questions.

The MacBookAir6,2 already has config set to none in the OEM AGDP kext's config map.
Code:
                <key>Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5</key>
                <string>none</string>

Your issue may be something else. If you insist on using that system def, you might have luck injecting your discrete GPU as IGPU (normally this name is used for Integrated GPU) in the ACPI tables or using a different system definition and using the StepContextDict from the MacBookAir6,2 or MacMini6,2.

Sorry, I forgot to include pertinent info regarding this matter. I have a Zotac Zbox EN760. Another member on the site has the exact same system with a fully functional HDMI. For some odd reason, mine does not work on HDMI so I've been using the DVI only unless I'm using Windows 10. I have tried several system definitions and this one worked out the best with proper Speedstepping with the most number of P-States.

What motherboard/CPU do you have? You should update your profile with your motherboard model instead of "Apple" and your actual CPU model instead of just "i7" so users can better assist you when you post questions.

Your issue may be something else. If you insist on using that system def, you might have luck injecting your discrete GPU as IGPU in the ACPI tables or using a different system definition and using the StepContextDict from the MacBookAir6,2 or MacMini6,2.

Sorry, I forgot to include pertinent info regarding this matter. I have a Zotac Zbox EN760. Another member on the site has the exact same system with a fully functional HDMI. For some odd reason, mine does not work on HDMI so I've been using the DVI only unless I'm using Windows 10. I have tried several system definitions and this one worked out the best with proper Speedstepping with the most number of P-States.
Did you install the Nvidia Web Driver? Sunblade has a some variant maxwell driver installed. Maxwell cards have no native support in OS X. I downloaded your dmg of files so I have your OEM ACPI files to look at. Please save and post a .ioreg file from IORegistryExplorer for me. Another note: MacMini7,1 looks like a better match for that box. Did you try MacMini7,1 sys def?

Also, in your user profile, you should change:
Mobo to Zotac ZBOX-EN760-U
CPU to i5-4200U
Graphics to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Well, thanks shilohh for your work, with that tool.

Sadly to say, its not working for me!
I installed my Hackintosh with SMBios MacPro 3,1 to install the NVidia webdrivers, and cause everything has been working smooth on Yosemite 10.10.2 i just stayed with that setup.

After updating to El Capitan, the black screen appears.
I tried many things:
- set the SMBios to MacPro 3,1, 5,1, 6,1, iMac 14,x, 15,x ...
- booted with different bootflags, injecting NVidia, de/activated NVidia Generic and NVidia Single ...
- patched the "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" on my own, setting "Config1" and "Config2" to "none" ...
- your tool, the Clover patch. Nothing works for my Hacky ...
... nothing worked for my Hacky! :(

Do you got any other suggestion for me, fixing this black screen?
Everything would be appreciated!

Thanks for you help :)

Well, thanks shilohh for your work, with that tool.

Sadly to say, its not working for me!
I installed my Hackintosh with SMBios MacPro 3,1 to install the NVidia webdrivers, and cause everything has been working smooth on Yosemite 10.10.2 i just stayed with that setup.

After updating to El Capitan, the black screen appears.
I tried many things:
- set the SMBios to MacPro 3,1, 5,1, 6,1, iMac 14,x, 15,x ...
- booted with different bootflags, injecting NVidia, de/activated NVidia Generic and NVidia Single ...
- patched the "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext" on my own, setting "Config1" and "Config2" to "none" ...
- your tool, the Clover patch. Nothing works for my Hacky ...
... nothing worked for my Hacky! :(

Do you got any other suggestion for me, fixing this black screen?
Everything would be appreciated!

Thanks for you help :)
Can you boot with nv_diasble=1 ?

See SlimJim's excellent post here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Back