Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Black Screen with MacPro6,1 or iMac15 or iMac17 System Definition

I used the method of shilohh in my hackintosh , all work fine.Thanks Shilohh for making it possible.

I have 2 gtx680 in sli for windows and for mac use one graphic = 1 monitor display port 120hz and second graphic = 2 monitors for Dvi60 hz.
work with macosx driver and nvidia driver using AGDPfix.app

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,461
  • 2.png
    2.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,417
  • 3.png
    3.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,476
  • 4.png
    4.png
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,266
Black Screen with MacPro6,1 or iMac15 or iMac17 System Definition

Do you think that this is the same issue thats happening to me? I've posted a thread about it as well. I'm using the 14,1 and 14,2 with black screen issue. I just tried this patch and so far on my 3 reboots I can load osx normally. Will report back if it hiccups again.

EDIT: I spoke too soon :( Just got my black screen again, rebooted with the error popping up, then was able to load back into osx.

Do you think that this is the same issue thats happening to me? I've posted a thread about it as well.
No. This issue is that you see the apple logo and progress bar but instead of reaching the desktop the screen goes black and monitor goes to sleep. It looks like you have a kernel panic but your images are blurry and incomplete. I can't really tell what's going wrong with your system. If you can boot right after the panic, click report and copy the text displayed but don't send it to Apple. Past the text at your thread and maybe one of us can help you narrow it down. PM me if you update your thread with the mentioned text.

I used the method of shilohh in my hackintosh , all work fine.Thanks Shilohh for making it possible.
Thanks xerox24. I'll be updating this post soon with instructions on making ssdts for your gpus that should eliminate the need to use AGDPfix.app. I would definitely appreciate your feedback.

The MacPro6,1 and iMac15/17 perform special functions on their specific OEM GPUs. The MacPro6,1 unloads 1 GPU (GFX1) as it has no ports and provides processing power only. The iMac15/17s apply a special EDID for their 5K displays.

Thanks a million for the app, Shilohh! I will give it a spin with the next OS X update. It definitely comes in handy by saving the time to modify the info.plist manually. Great job!

Just a question; but instead of trying to use all these methods to get these system definitions to work, why not just pick another one that does work. I have tried many definitions in Clover that don't work for my setup and just use what ever one does. What difference does it make what kind of Mac Clover says you have as long as it works ?

Just a question; but instead of trying to use all these methods to get these system definitions to work, why not just pick another one that does work. I have tried many definitions in Clover that don't work for my setup and just use what ever one does. What difference does it make what kind of Mac Clover says you have as long as it works ?

Exactly. MacPro3,1 or iMac14,2 work for most people without all this hassle.

For proper CPU power management. My system is IvyBridge-E like the MacPro6,1. I've gotten CPUPM working with both MP3,1 and 5,1 but the system draws way more power at idle with those definitions. It's about OS X using you hardware as correctly as possible. I was using 3,1 and 5,1 with X79 before the release of the 6,1. I personally think it's best to choose the sys def that matches your hardware if one exists. Otherwise I like to get as close as possible. For some people, less complicated is better. I enjoy tinkering and and getting my system to work the best it can.

Back