GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 2GB GV-N950XTREME, Gigabyte Radeon RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Frytsz,

This advice is coming from a Newbie, so take it with a grain of salt....

You may wish to try rebooting the rig. When clover comes up, hit the spacebar and select the option nv_disable=1...this will temporarily disable the GPU, so you can work. Alternatively, you can work from a remote rig.

To inactivate the SIP, change the CSRactiveConfig from whatever value it is (in my rig, it is 0x3) to 0x67. This should disable the SIP. Go ahead and reboot and try updating the kext. When done, change the SCRactiveConfig to its original setting.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for responding

Unfortunately, I am unable to see anything from the boot up screen since vnc only becomes active somewhere in the login window - my present setup is that i'm working from a remote rig via vnc to my mac after the boot is done.

This is where my newbiesness shows - how do I change the CSRactiveConfig? is this done from the multibeast or clover tool?

Frytsz,

This advice is coming from a Newbie, so take it with a grain of salt....

You may wish to try rebooting the rig. When clover comes up, hit the spacebar and select the option nv_disable=1...this will temporarily disable the GPU, so you can work. Alternatively, you can work from a remote rig.

To inactivate the SIP, change the CSRactiveConfig from whatever value it is (in my rig, it is 0x3) to 0x67. This should disable the SIP. Go ahead and reboot and try updating the kext. When done, change the SCRactiveConfig to its original setting.

Ron

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys

I need some help

So I managed to install the gtx780m into my iMac mid 2011 27" - iMac12,2
As this site is dedicated to installing Apple operating systems onto PC hardware, your problem may well be better addressed elsewhere such as macvidcards.com.

Motherboard
GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
A
Hi Ron,

Thanks for responding

Unfortunately, I am unable to see anything from the boot up screen since vnc only becomes active somewhere in the login window - my present setup is that i'm working from a remote rig via vnc to my mac after the boot is done.

This is where my newbiesness shows - how do I change the CSRactiveConfig? is this done from the multibeast or clover tool?
Actually it is in the config.plist. Best to open it with xCode (see screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 7.53.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 7.53.52 PM.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 198

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Actually it is in the config.plist. Best to open it with xCode (see screenshot)
There is no config.plist, he is installing a graphics card into his iMac and remoting into it with a PC.
No Clover involvement.

Motherboard
GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
There is no config.plist, he is installing a graphics card into his iMac and remoting into it with a PC.
No Clover involvement.
Thank you for correcting me.

Motherboard
ASUS z170i Pro Gaming
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
I'm on iMac 17 system definition using Display port connection on my Asus z170i, using AGDPfix.app I'm able to hot plug a secondary display to the HDMI port, almost always works that way, however display sleep isn't working and I got weird error notification when opening all adobe apps, after removing the changes made by AGDPfix.app all adobe apps is working again, how is that possible that all adobe apps is affected?

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z390M PLUS (clover)
CPU
i7-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to mention that on the High Sierra Public Beta, using iMac17,1 I got this same black screen issue and Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext did not fix it. AGDPfix.app did the trick though!

Motherboard
Asus H270-Plus CSM LGA 1151
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz 8M Quad-Core CPU
Graphics
Nvidia GeGorce 1060 GeForce 6GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have 4 monitors connected to my machine. 2 are connected to my onboard video and 2 are connected to my Geforce 1060. The onboard video display works although is absolute garbage - pixelated, shaky etc and the monitors connected to my 1060 display a black screen. I feel like I have tried everything to make my display work.

Here is my setup:

ASUS H270
Geforce 1060 6GB
3 x SSDs
1 x SATA
Fenvi T919 wifi + bluetooth.

Any ideas for where I should start? If it is relevant, I do have the Nvidia drivers installed. They appear as installed in the top menu bar.

Thanks in advance!

I have just setup my first Sierra 10.12.5 hackintosh on a 7700K system with a Nvidia 1080 Pascal gpu, using the instructions for Unibeast and Multibeast. It is all running fine, except I too have experienced the black screen on boot up, after installing the Nvidia web drivers and having it set to the IMAC 17,1 Profile.

If I have it set to IMAC 14,2 profile, with the Nvidia drivers I do not get the black screen.
Now I have read that the 17,1 profile is for Skylake and its power management features, which I assume would work on Kabylake too, since for my install I had to use the Skylake Fake CPUID setting to get it to boot up.

I have a couple of questions regarding the above and what would be the best option :

1)What exactly does the IMAC 17,1 profile do, that the 14,2 profile does not for my cpu ?

2) Is it just power management features, such as sleep/hibernate and if I choose to remain at the IMAC 14,2 profile that I simply won't be getting power management, but everything else works perfectly, or will I be missing out on actual performance from my cpu ?

Thanks.

Last edited: