Motherboard
ASUS X99-AII
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro

Already tried everything in this thread. Doesn't work. There has to be a mistake somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it. I built like 20 Hackintoshes already for myself and others, and I never ran into anything like this before. I'm stumped.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Already tried everything in this thread. Doesn't work. There has to be a mistake somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it. I built like 20 Hackintoshes already for myself and others, and I never ran into anything like this before. I'm stumped.
I was implying that the cause of your problem might be your choice of system definition, have you tried another such as iMac14,2 ?

Motherboard
ASUS X99-AII
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I was implying that the cause of your problem might be your choice of system definition, have you tried another such as iMac14,2 ?

Oh, I see. I haven't tried choosing another system definition, as I was following instructions in an other thread for my mb/cpu combo and that said to use 6,1. And I got everything working, like all USB 3.0 ports, audio, ethernet and so on (when I boot with nv_disable=1), so the system seems to work fine.

Not sure if changing to iMac 14,2 would break anything. Can you comment on that?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And I got everything working, like all USB 3.0 ports, audio, ethernet and so on (when I boot with nv_disable=1), so the system seems to work fine.

Not sure if changing to iMac 14,2 would break anything. Can you comment on that?

Everything is not working fine with nv_disable=1 because it disables the Nvidia graphics drivers.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-AII
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Everything is not working fine with nv_disable=1 because it disables the Nvidia graphics drivers.

Everything IS working fine, except for the Nvidia card, obviously. What I'm saying is, the system is working, only the video card is giving me issues, and I was asking if changing the system definition could break other things.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Everything IS working fine, except for the Nvidia card, obviously. What I'm saying is, the system is working, only the video card is giving me issues, and I was asking if changing the system definition could break other things.
In the time taken so far you could have just tried it and by now you would know the answer.
Save a copy of your current config.plist and you can get back to where you are now if need be.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS X99-AII
CPU
i7 5960X
Graphics
GTX970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
In the time taken so far you could have just tried it and by now you would know the answer.
Save a copy of your current config.plist and you can get back to where you are now if need be.

Dude, what's with the attitude? If you don't know, say you don't know. I'm not at the studio where I use this rig, so I can't try right now, otherwise I had. I appreciate you chiming in, but tone it done a little, would ya?

Motherboard
GA-Z170M-D3H
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 2GB GV-N950XTREME, Gigabyte Radeon RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm also have this same issue with my GTX 950 running 10.12.5. No problem starting the rig as long as nv_disable=1; however, the graphics card does not seem to be recognized (stuck on 800x600 and the second monitor plugged into the HDMI does not work). When nv_disable=0, the screen goes blank during startup, but I'm able to run the rig using sharescreen from another Mac. When viewing the Hackintosh from afar, I see that the GTX 950 is recognized.

I've tried different systems definitions (MacPros, but presently 14,2), disable the BIOS on board graphics, inserted Lilu.kext and nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext into the
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions (using kextBeast)
/efi/clover/kexts/others
directories as well as used AGDPfix to modify the AppleGraphicsControl.kext

Finally, just in case I messed up the AGDPfix, I also added a few lines in the clover config.plist to change the AppleGraphicsControl.kext as described in

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/patching-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-kext/

I attached my EFI. Would you have any other suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI archive.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi Guys

I need some help

So I managed to install the gtx780m into my iMac mid 2011 27" - iMac12,2

As of right now, I'm replying from my mac remotely connected via VNC from a pc I have setup prior to installing the graphics cards. As I can tell, everything boots up normally without any issues except for that I am unable to see anything on the screen - completely blank screen. I can hear the booting sound come up and thats pretty much it

My iMac has registered the device as a visible graphics card (i'll share the screenshot bit later) and I have installed the necessary Nvidia graphics cards driver

I have tried to perform the following steps below but am experiencing the following issues

1. To disable SIP

I cannot login to the iMac remotely when its in recovery mode. How do I alternatively login to recovery mode to disable SIP?

2. Updating the AppleGraphicsControl Kext

I managed to find the board-id but I am unable to modify the kext file to 'write out' from it. I get the following error -
[ Error writing /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/ ]

I have tried to update using Lilu and NvidiaGraphics fix kexts using Kext beast but that didn't work out. I also tried using the Multibeast installer with the UEFI module but that didn't fix the issue with the blank screen

If anyone could give me a hand that would really be much appreciated. I am almost there but literally in the dark - total newbie

Another funny thing I noticed was that the screen registered as a 23" screen instead of a 27".. does anyone know why this is happening? I assuming this is due to the drivers or kext setup?

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 3.43.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 3.43.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 3.43.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 3.48.40 PM.png