Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

@ithe,

I looked over your cofigCopy.plist in Clover Configurator. You have mostly what I have, but here are some differences that might be issues:
On the ACPI page, you have "fixUSB" checked, I do not.
On the Boot page, you have "kext-dev-mode=1" checked, I do not.
On the Devices page, under "USB," you have "fix ownership" checked, I do not. (I do have "Inject" checked.)
On the GUI page, you set "2560x2048" for screen resolution. I was wondering why you did not use your display's native 4K resolution (3840x2160).
On the Kernel and kext patches page, you have the "Asus AICPUPM" box checked, I do not.
On the RtVariables page, you have "Use MacAddr0" entered in the "ROM" field; mine is blank.
On the SMBIOS page, you have nothing in the "Memory" fields. I have added (in slots 0 and 2) 8192 GB, 2133 MHz, Kingston, DDR4, slot count 4.
On the Install Drivers page, you show the same drivers as I show, but my drivers64UEFI folder also shows "FSinject-64.efi" (which you may also have, in which case we agree on all drivers).

Maybe nothing here will be helpful, but maybe...

Dear wstrohm ,

Thank you for the reply,

The parameters you have mentioned above I'm sure wouldn't affect the NVDIA driver, but I have to announce that 30 minutes ago I got my screen going - simply by purchasing and using DisplayPort cable. It's stupid that HDMI is not working and that I have wasted 2 months searching for solution .... Well I still prefer HDMI but I won't complain.

To anyone with Black Screen Issue - try changing to DisplayPort - it might just work.

The MacPro6,1 and iMac15/17 perform special functions on their specific OEM GPUs/Displays. The MacPro6,1 unloads 1 GPU (with no ports) and leaves one functional for it's pseudo CrossFire function. The iMac15/17s apply a special EDID for their 5K displays.

The easiest fully working solution I could come up with is a AppleScript app (AGDPfix.app) that patches the OEM kext's info.plist via shell scripts. OS X updates usually cause the kext to be overwritten/updated so the app must be run again after updating OS X, but it's a lot easier than manually patching the info.plist every time. I originally created v1.0 for MacPro6,1 only but have now updated it to v1.1 for use with iMac15/17 sys defs as well. Feel free to download and use the app attached below. NOTE: You will need to use the boot argument kext-dev-mode=1 for 10.10 Yosemite.

i tried the easiest first and it worked for me. thanks!

I'm trying to get my gtx 970 working. I have NvidiaWeb set to true (see attached config.plist). I also had the problem of a black screen when the loading bar with apple logo was about half way. I applied the AGPDfix v1.3, but it didn't solve the problem. I verified that all entries in AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist were set to none. I really haven't got a clue on how to fix it now. I'm using 17,1 definitions.

EDIT
Woops, accidentally had inject Nvidia turned on, noob mistake :S

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
i am trying to use a egpu in a macbook pro with a 1060, if i run this will it interfere if there is no egpu connected?

i am trying to use a egpu in a macbook pro with a 1060, if i run this will it interfere if there is no egpu connected?
There aren't any Nvidia 10xx drivers for macOS yet, so what's the point?

Hi guys. I've just had installed my first hackintosh (10.12.2) on the following hw:
• Asus H81m-e
• GeForce 750 Ti.

Model identifier is iMac14,2:

bZNJsJw.png

Then I've installed required sound & network, and latest Nvidia web driver (367.15.10.25f02). And then after reboot (after boot progress is done) I'm getting "no signal" :(

SystemParameters:
HTML:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
        <dict>
                <key>InjectKexts</key>
                <string>YES</string>
                <key>InjectSystemID</key>
                <true/>
                <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
                <false/>
        </dict>

Changing NvidiaWeb to true changes nothing.

I've tried to set nvda_drv to on or off in Clover with no luck. The only option when I can boot is setting nv_disabled to 1.
I've also tried to apply AGDPfix patch, but not sure if it is applicable for my system (because it's 14,2). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi guys. I've just had installed my first hackintosh (10.12.2) on the following hw:
• Asus H81m-e
• GeForce 750 Ti.
Then I've installed required sound & network, and latest Nvidia web driver (367.15.10.25f02). And then after reboot (after boot progress is done) I'm getting "no signal" :(
You might need to rebuild the system kernel extension cache.
Use "Share Screen" to connect to your hackintosh from another Mac. Download Kext Utility and run it to rebuild the kext cache. This will take a couple minutes. Then reboot.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/140647-latest-kext-utility-el-capitan-super-speed-edition/

The nVidia Web "key" does for sure need to be set to "true." In Clover Configurator, did you check the "NvidiaWeb" box in the upper right corner of the System Parameters window? That needs to be checked.

You might need to rebuild the system kernel extension cache.
Use "Share Screen" to connect to your hackintosh from another Mac. Download Kext Utility and run it to rebuild the kext cache. This will take a couple minutes. Then reboot.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/140647-latest-kext-utility-el-capitan-super-speed-edition/
I've done this, nothing changed :(

The nVidia Web "key" does for sure need to be set to "true." In Clover Configurator, did you check the "NvidiaWeb" box in the upper right corner of the System Parameters window? That needs to be checked.

Yes, it's checked.

BTW, I see correct info about adapter in system info, except VRAM (it's 2048 in fact):
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2047 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x1380
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: VBIOS 82.07.32.00.27
Metal: Supported
Displays: