CPU
Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've seen threads like this posted before, but haven't been able to find anything that has resulted in a fix for me. Essentially, when I choose "Restart" or "Shutdown" from the Apple menu, the process begins as normal, but gets stuck on a black screen with just a mouse cursor. Right before the screen goes black, 3 lines of text appear, as depicted in the attached photo.

At this point, I'm stuck. Previously I was just doing a hard-shutdown by holding down the power button, or hitting the restart button the case, but when I realized I could ssh into my computer still and do "sudo reboot now" or "sudo shutdown -h now" which works, I've been doing that.

Any help with figuring out what this could be would be appreciated. I can provide whatever config files are necessary. Thanks all, happy hacking!

Attachments

• 58823649-4363-488A-8600-E8BDF2750BD9.jpeg
    58823649-4363-488A-8600-E8BDF2750BD9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Did you ever figure this out? The same thing recently started happening to me (OS 10.13.6) when I tried to install the 2020-002 security update via Software Update. I'm using 'sudo shutdown -h now' in the meantime, but it'd be nice to solve the problem properly.

I'm not sure how to even begin debugging this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back