Contribute
Register

Black screen while updating to 10.15.1 Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but I have checked and I don't have Lilu and WEG in L/E (lot's of apple kext and radeon, nvidia,....). In my "other kexts" depositary I only have now Fake SMC and atheros for the network.
I have tried:
- with WEG and Lilu and agdpmod=pikera --> black screen only at the end
- without WEG, without Lilu, without agdpmod=pikera --> white screen in the install process + black screen only at the end
Should I try something else (just Lilu without WEG?...)
Thanks for your help

Leave the white and black screen going for 20-30 minutes or so it may be installing. If you can connect two monitors one to hdmi and one to DisplayPort (try different ones.

Leave the white and black screen going for 20-30 minutes or so it may be installing. If you can connect two monitors one to hdmi and one to DisplayPort (try different ones.

Ok I will. I can try with different monitors (HDMI and DP). What about the kext? WEG and Lilu and agdpmod=pikera or nothing?

Still no success and still stuck at the very end of the install process with this white/black screen. I have tried all ports (DP and HDMI and also another monitor)
I believe that I will continue using Mojave last version which is working perfectly. Maybe I should wait for a proper Unibeast working with a stable Catalina.

Everything fine now. I just install kexts with Hackintool in L/E folder and rebuild cache. Kexts inside Clover's folder not working at all for me.
Thanks man! It only worked for me.

Tried adding WEG kext 1.4.3 to kexts folder on EFI - no luck. But Hackintool did the magic.

in case of me, update WEG kext and Lilu kext work perfectly (Catalina 15.2). note for some one have problem like me :D

Hi everybody, I exactly have the same black screen problem at the end of Catalina update (10.15.3) from Mojave (the latest). I've tried all of your actions :
  • Latest versions of Lilu & WEG (and older versions : Lilu 1.3.9 & WEG 1.3.4)
  • Clover version 5102
  • DisplayPort / HDMI (from my Vega64)
  • SMBIOS 14,2
  • With or without agpdmod=pikera
  • I also disabled internal graphics
  • I tried to do it from the latest version of Unibeast and directly from Mojave
I'm sorry for asking for help from this old thread but I really don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody, I exactly have the same black screen problem at the end of Catalina update (10.15.3) from Mojave (the latest). I've tried all of your actions :
  • Latest versions of Lilu & WEG (and older versions : Lilu 1.3.9 & WEG 1.3.4)
  • Clover version 5102
  • DisplayPort / HDMI (from my Vega64)
  • SMBIOS 14,2
  • With or without agpdmod=pikera
  • I also disabled internal graphics
  • I tried to do it from the latest version of Unibeast and directly from Mojave
I'm sorry for asking for help from this old thread but I really don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

Check your clover Drivers64UEFI folder for CSMvideodriver? try removing ti if its there.

I don't have it. I'm going to try to copy Lilu and WEG directly to /L/E

I don't have it. I'm going to try to copy Lilu and WEG directly to /L/E

After copying the latest versions of Lilu and WEG, it still doesn't work

Last edited:
Finally everything is working after copying directly Lilu and WEG to /L/E but I was plugged to DP (as usual) and now, only HMDI is working (I don't know why).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back