Contribute
Register

Black screen while updating to 10.15.1 Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I exactly have the same issue and went back to Mojave after having sucessfully updated to catalina 10.15.0
I am not using WEG or Lilu with Mojave my other kext only contains "fake smc" and it works like a charm.
I have tried the following for Catalina 10.15.1 installafter reading all the post:
- include WEG and Lilu last versions for both in EFI other kext
- Pikera boot argument
Despite all that still stuck at at the very end of install process with black screen. I have tried HDMI or DP of my Radeon Vega 64 and it is the same
Would like to have Catalina working again so if anyone has found a solution that will be appreciated. Looks like the haswell and radeon cards combo is not optimum

Do you have Kexts in L/E?

I do t think it’s a Haswell issue my Haswell Pentium g3258 has worked in every version of Catalina beta. I’m on 15.2 version 3 with a 5700xt card. Did you try disabling the IGPU?

RX580 ... have black screen too..
PLS HELP!

Do you have Kexts in L/E?

I do t think it’s a Haswell issue my Haswell Pentium g3258 has worked in every version of Catalina beta. I’m on 15.2 version 3 with a 5700xt card. Did you try disabling the IGPU?

Thanks for tour answer. Yes I have lot's of Kexts in L/E. I guess it comes with the unibeast/multibeast mojave install that I am doing. Should I get rid of some of them?

Thanks for tour answer. Yes I have lot's of Kexts in L/E. I guess it comes with the unibeast/multibeast mojave install that I am doing. Should I get rid of some of them?

And yes the igpu is disabled in my bios

If you have old version of lily and WEG kexts they may conflict with new versions used in clover kexts other folder.

Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

If you have old version of lily and WEG kexts they may conflict with new versions used in clover kexts other folder.

Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

Thanks but I have checked and I don't have Lilu and WEG in L/E (lot's of apple kext and radeon, nvidia,....). In my "other kexts" depositary I only have now Fake SMC and atheros for the network.
I have tried:
- with WEG and Lilu and agdpmod=pikera --> black screen only at the end
- without WEG, without Lilu, without agdpmod=pikera --> white screen in the install process + black screen only at the end
Should I try something else (just Lilu without WEG?...)
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back