Contribute
Register

Black screen while updating to 10.15.1 Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it boot before the update?
(You haven’t tried every single option because the one that works hasn’t been tried :thumbup:)

As I shared the screen I am not getting (-f) argument for clover also while booting I tried please help you would be a life saver cause I don’t want to get the installation done from scratch as this is the only hackintosh I have other than that I have no other option left.

Im having similar problem with Gigabyte Z87-HD3 and RX580 graphics. Apple logo shows fine but just before getting to desktop, goes black. Screen stays on so believes it has a signal. Have installed WEG 1.3.4 but still no joy. Was fine with 10.15 but having problems after upgrading to 10.15.1

Im having similar problem with Gigabyte Z87-HD3 and RX580 graphics. Apple logo shows fine but just before getting to desktop, goes black. Screen stays on so believes it has a signal. Have installed WEG 1.3.4 but still no joy. Was fine with 10.15 but having problems after upgrading to 10.15.1
Same problem. But I can boot with Intel graphics, checked InjectIntel and
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
in Clover.

Now I have access to my desktop and I can try to find solution to get my RX580 work again.

Update:
Everything fine now. I just install kexts with Hackintool in L/E folder and rebuild cache. Kexts inside Clover's folder not working at all for me.

Last edited:
concern is I am not even getting the Apple logo only getting kernel panic and not able to boot to hackintosh please help . This is the screen I am always getting

Code:
agdpmod=pikera
in Clover.

Now I have access to my desktop and I can try to find solution to get my RX580 work again.

Update:
Everything fine now. I just install kexts with Hackintool in L/E folder and rebuild cache. Kexts inside Clover's folder not working at all for me.

Attachments

• 7DE11601-563C-4046-83C3-C19BED13AAEE.jpeg
    7DE11601-563C-4046-83C3-C19BED13AAEE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 232
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
in Clover.

Update:

I was able to manually install WEG in L/E (also updated Lilu - cuz, what the heck) but still getting black screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Now I appear to be going backwards - I was able to get to the desktop by using -x -v -f boot flags but now those don't even work. I'm completely lost and have a useless Hackintosh. Please help, don't even know where to start....

Now I appear to be going backwards - I was able to get to the desktop by using -x -v -f boot flags but now those don't even work. I'm completely lost and have a useless Hackintosh. Please help, don't even know where to start....

try disabling IGPU in Bios.

Well I am stuck at the same screen with no luck on with inject intel also please let me know the other way to get in so that i can copy my stuff and reinstall it from scratch as this is going no where and i am not sure what needs to be done for this please help me with it as i am stuck and don’t Know what to do now.

Thanks. In advance

Please share steps by step Instruction would be a great help

try disabling IGPU in Bios.

I exactly have the same issue and went back to Mojave after having sucessfully updated to catalina 10.15.0
I am not using WEG or Lilu with Mojave my other kext only contains "fake smc" and it works like a charm.
I have tried the following for Catalina 10.15.1 installafter reading all the post:
- include WEG and Lilu last versions for both in EFI other kext
- Pikera boot argument
Despite all that still stuck at at the very end of install process with black screen. I have tried HDMI or DP of my Radeon Vega 64 and it is the same
Would like to have Catalina working again so if anyone has found a solution that will be appreciated. Looks like the haswell and radeon cards combo is not optimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back