Black screen when booting with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
Graphics
7770 HD
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif]I'm getting a black screen when I try to boot into my Mac. The Apple logo boots ¼ of the way then it goes to a black screen then it freezes. Also my screen turns off after the apple logo(it says no port connected for a few seconds)[/FONT]
I have VT-d off and Integrated Graphics off as well. I have FakeSMC(or whatever it was called) injected already. What am I doing wrong?

Everything is working now. MY computer is VERY laggy though. What can I do?

Everything is working now. MY computer is VERY laggy though. What can I do?

Lag may because of no QE/CI.

Check under "Applications > Utilities > System Information > Graphics/Displays" for checking whether the GFX card got enabled or not.

It does but it only says my VRAM is 7mb is that a problem?

It does but it only says my VRAM is 7mb is that a problem?

Yes. That is the problem.

Disable all the graphics injection (ATI/NVIDIA/INTEL) on your config.plist

On BIOS,
Set Init Display First as Onboard.
Disable Internal Graphics.

Then check VRAM.

If the above steps are not enabling VRAM/making booting issue then set PCIe as your Init Display First. Then check again booting and VRAM.

If the above steps are not enabling full amount of VRAM, then come back with a screen shot of Graphics/Displays section which is present under System Information

last time I set on board graphics to be first it broke my motherboard. Hopefully it doesn't again!

one other problem before I can do this. I set Patch VBIOS in clover configurator and now my computer doesn't boot. So I booted into safe mode and it won't let me mount the EFI partition to be able to uncheck PatchVBIOS. Any thoughts?

one other problem before I can do this. I set Patch VBIOS in clover configurator and now my computer doesn't boot. So I booted into safe mode and it won't let me mount the EFI partition to be able to uncheck PatchVBIOS. Any thoughts?

On safe mode you will fail to mount EFI.

On the clover boot loader screen, goto Options then choose Graphics Injector Menu. Then uncheck PatchVBios option. Try booting.

If you have clover bootable USB, then try booting with that.

As in reinstalling hackintosh? Because I do boot through a USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back