Contribute
Register

Black screen when booting from USB in clover El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please recreate your USB using UniBeast 6.0.1- 6.1 had bugs and was pulled. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Ok I\ve been having the same problem with the black screen after booting from the USB. When I made the adjustment you suggested, I got a LITTLE improvement. Now I can see the white logo on the black screen the loading bar proceeds for a while then BAM the big famous STOP SIGN... So any further suggestions?

Thank you very much. I had looked over it and finally figured out, very oddly, that making a new USB2 OS instead of USB3 stick fixed the problem... I installed the OS, fixed my ALC sound kext and everything seemed to be great UNTIL I needed to add new kexts for my wireless & Bluetooth... After restarting the OS i see the apple logo and the loading bar which proceeds 10 times slower than the usual till it reaches to the end and just hangs there. The computer does not freeze but doesnt do anything further either. It just hangs there. ( At this point nothing seemed to work, couldn't boot from the usb, -v, -f, -F, -x modes end up exactly at the part where it says " Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" and I read somewhere it says it may be GPU related but not in my case)

At this point did a new clean install and was gonna wait to install the wifi & bluetooth kexts until i get some suggestions. So I ended up mounting my other hdds and dvdrom. Guess what, I ended up in the exact same situation... The OS hangs at the end of the loading bar.

Cannot pass the loading bar after adding hardware or new kexts ??

Adding boot arguments "npci=0x2000" & "kext-dev-mode=1" dont make a difference...

Ok, I've got it working now at last. Found some info on another site - here's what I did...

1) Format USB flash drive again and redid Unibeast installation from scratch.

2) Run Clover Configurator and open config from USB EFI partition. Go to 'Install Drivers' and click on 'OsxAptioFix2Drv'.

3) Reboot and run USB installation (use nv_disable=1 if needed).

When installation was done I ran post-installation tools, audio etc. However, when I tried to boot from hard drive I got the black screen again so I booted from USB stick into El Capitan, downloaded official Clover (latest version is r3320) from Sourceforge and installed it to the main drive making sure 'OsxAptioFix2Drv' (under 'Drivers64UEFI) was ticked. This did the trick and El Capitan booted fine.

Thanks so much!!! It worked also for osx sierra!!

Does not Reach the installer MacOs Sierra Black Screen After : (Image1.png)
Please Help me!!
laptop : Sony vaio (vpceh35en)(legacy)
clover : Clover_v2.3k_r3949 (Config.plist Attached)

kext : AppleIntelE1000e.kext , AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext , AtherosWIFIInjector.kext , FakeSMC.kext , NullCPUPowerManagment.kext , VoodooHDA.kext , VoodooPS2Controller.kext

How i can ?

Attachments

• IMG_1301.PNG
    IMG_1301.PNG
    790.3 KB · Views: 417
  • config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 258
Ok, I've got it working now at last. Found some info on another site - here's what I did...

2) Run Clover Configurator and open config from USB EFI partition. Go to 'Install Drivers' and click on 'OsxAptioFix2Drv'.

When installation was done I ran post-installation tools, audio etc. However, when I tried to boot from hard drive I got the black screen again so I booted from USB stick into El Capitan, downloaded official Clover (latest version is r3320) from Sourceforge and installed it to the main drive making sure 'OsxAptioFix2Drv' (under 'Drivers64UEFI) was ticked. This did the trick and El Capitan booted fine.

Thank you so much! this worked for me :)

When I run clover configuration and go to "install drivers" OskAptioFix2Drv is already selected. Do I click to remove it? Later in your post it sounds like you want it to be there

When the installation was done I ran post-installation tools, audio etc. However, when I tried to boot from the hard drive I got the black screen again so I booted from USB stick into El Capitan, downloaded official Clover (latest version is r3320) from Sourceforge and installed it to the main drive making sure 'OsxAptioFix2Drv' (under 'Drivers64UEFI) was ticked. This did the trick and El Capitan booted fine.

I want to say that "I love you" your advice worked like charm, Thanks a LOOOOOOOT yeah !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back