Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Gaming 5 Z97
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 1070
I installed the nvidia web drivers for my gtx 1070 but I always get a black screen during boot.

My specs: i7-4790k msi gaming 5 z97 motherboard
16gb of ram
msi gaming 8G gtx 1070
samsung 850 evo ssd (high sierra is installed on it)

I can boot if I remove the graphic card from my computer but when it is in it, it black screens during the apple logo loading.

I am using Imac 14,2 as system definition.

I have put the lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into the efi/clover/kexts/other

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 I am getting blinking lines on the display what to do my zotac GT 710 graphic card 2GB?? Even I tried Nv_disabled=1 but no use

I have successfully installed Sierra 10.12.6 I am getting blinking lines on the display what to do my zotac GT 710 graphic card 2GB?? Even I tried Nv_disabled=1 but no use

Don’t post the same question over and over. Especially when hijacking someone else’s thread

Posting this here as a potential solution for future forum searchers:
Make sure your GPU (if you have only one) is plugged into a PCIe X16 (usually the one closest to the CPU). I had mine in a PCIe X4 and was getting the black screen (no signal) despite having done everything: I did lilu.kext and nVwebdriverfix.kext, Shilohh's GFX1 ACPI fix, the enable SIP for nvidia web driver install, I even reseated the CPU and both RAM cards and made sure my configurator settings and BIOS settings conformed. After all of that, it was the PCIEX16 port that made the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back