Contribute
Register

Black screen when boot in legacy mode/ is this possible to get back to a UEFI boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI z370 sli PLUS
CPU
Intel Core i5 8600k
Graphics
Vega 56 founders edition
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone,

I've got a 4 months old High Sierra hackintosh, which works very well (I think that my configuration is up in my profile) until I chose to boot macOs from the hard disk, and not from the usb stick. I read that if my windows is in legacy mode, so I have to do the Clover thing in legacy mode, what i've done. And since I've done that, I can boot on my HDD, but it has no clover in the beginning (directly the apple logo), end the loading bar is almost full, my screen flash, then I have a black screen. It does the same thing when I boot on legacy mode on usb, but not in UEFI mode. I read somewhere that it's due to the fact that my screen is connected on a DVI port, and in legacy mode only the displayports work.
I've redone a clover in multibeast in UEFI mode, but I think it's still in the first thing i've done : legacy mode.
My question is : can I erase the legacy mode i've made with multibeast, to do a UEFI mode in clover?
Instead of this, is it normal that I've no Clover boot screen when i launch my hackintosh from the HDD?
Or do I have to format my disk, and to do a new macOs installation?
Thanks everyone for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.