HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dell Inspiron 3543 - i3-5005u - HD5500

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and after about 20 seconds when it truly sleeps, I wake it up again and nothing but a backlit screen. I connected it to an HDMI port and found a problem that after the computer sleeps it will lockup and freeze. This can be solved by using ig-platform-id 16260002 or 16260004. (I was using 16260006). But the problem still persisted when using different ig-platform-id's that the screen would become backlit. Once I then connected it to a HDMI monitor, the problem went away and the wake problem is fixed. I think it is an EDID issue due to the 1366x768 resolution and its aspect ratio.

Attachments

• debug_31019.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
Dell Inspiron 3543 - i3-5005u - HD5500

Whenever I put my laptop to sleep and after about 20 seconds when it truly sleeps, I wake it up again and nothing but a backlit screen. I connected it to an HDMI port and found a problem that after the computer sleeps it will lockup and freeze. This can be solved by using ig-platform-id 16260002 or 16260004. (I was using 16260006). But the problem still persisted when using different ig-platform-id's that the screen would become backlit. Once I then connected it to a HDMI monitor, the problem went away and the wake problem is fixed. I think it is an EDID issue due to the 1366x768 resolution and its aspect ratio.

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files before upload.

No ioreg in your debug zip. Please check your files before upload.
The ioreg file should have come out as a generic report, due to some reason it failing

The ioreg file should have come out as a generic report, due to some reason it failing

Your responsibility to insure a complete PR report.
If there is an issue with the script, report the problem to the author, not me.

Collect ioreg manually if needed.

Your responsibility to insure a complete PR report.
If there is an issue with the script, report the problem to the author, not me.

Collect ioreg manually if needed.
Sorry RehabMan, thanks for your time, here are the problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_23513.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back