ROG Maximus XII Hero Wi-Fi
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6900XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi guys,

As per the title, I'm seeing a black screen on boot with a 12,2 system definition. I tried the AGPFix to no avail. Tried using the new web driver kext to no avail. I can boot when VESA drivers are used however. if i inject nvidia it causes a KP.

Any help greatly appreciated. This on my sandy bridge setup with the 560ti.

Same problem with 560ti, I can only boot with nv_disable=1 on Clover. I never had to install web driver or change intel graphics in the bios. It is the first time it happens. I'm gonna stay on El Capitan until I find a fix.

Same problem with 560ti, I can only boot with nv_disable=1 on Clover. I never had to install web driver or change intel graphics in the bios. It is the first time it happens. I'm gonna stay on El Capitan until I find a fix.

I just had to fresh install back to El Capitan.. Here's hoping for the eventual workaround. Keep me posted.

Perhaps if you revealed the details of your "sandy bridge setup" people might be able to offer some suggestion.

Apologies. It is a
Sandy Bridge:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 | CPU: Intel 2600k Core i7 3.5ghz | RAM: 12gb DDR3 1066mhz | GFX:Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560ti 1024mb | HDD: (Main) Samsung 850 Evo 512gb - (Media) Seagate Barracuda 3tb 7200rpm

Apologies. It is a
Sandy Bridge:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 | CPU: Intel 2600k Core i7 3.5ghz | RAM: 12gb DDR3 1066mhz | GFX:Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560ti 1024mb | HDD: (Main) Samsung 850 Evo 512gb - (Media) Seagate Barracuda 3tb 7200rpm
My gtx 970 had the same problem, when you boot without nv_disable=1 you end up with a black screen after the graphic switcher switches from the intergraded graphics too your graphics card, the problem on my hackintosh was that the DVI port wasn't supported in sierra anymore but HDMI works fine for me. i would suggest to try booting with a HDMI screen connection.

It works with SMBIOS 14,2 and webdrivers but it leads to several glitches, especially annoying in iBooks.

Without going back in El Capitan, is there a way to activate the native drivers as I always used to do ?

Do you succeed to read a epub with iBooks ? I'm pretty sure you will have this ghost glitch
IEqtYLp.png

Edit : Been a long time but since 10.12.2, no need to use Webdrivers, it just works as it used before

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back