Contribute
Register

Black screen screen on restart after installing Geforce-Kepler-patcher-V4 and OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher - Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's most likely that you have no CPU power management working. Sandy Bridge systems are not ideal for running Monterey. You also have a lower end Core i3 CPU (dual core) that is not going to handle Monterey that well even with CPU PM.
So do I need to update my system, which one is best fit in economy

So do I need to update my system, which one is best fit in economy
I'm running Monterey on Haswell based Optiplex 7020 and 9020 models. They have working HD4600 iGPU. You have to get at least a Core i5 or i7 CPU. Common models are i5-4570 and i7-4770. With a Sata based SSD Monterey runs respectably well. Would be better with NVMe though.

It's most likely that you have no CPU power management working. Sandy Bridge systems are not ideal for running Monterey. You also have a lower end Core i3 CPU (dual core) that is not going to handle Monterey that well even with CPU PM.

You can try and follow all the steps here: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/sandy-bridge.html#starting-point
and see if that helps improve the lag. It might work. Don't know for sure as I've not installed Monterey on my Z68.
Thank you will try this and update

Here's an intro to the Dell models I'm speaking about.

For Sandy Bridge or older CPUs, in Monterey 12.3 or higher, you are going to need ASPP-Override.Kext for Power Management support. The problem is described here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back