Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3R
CPU
i7--2600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Im getting a back screen right after the apple boot logo, the system is still responsive with pretty much everything else working other than the display because I am still able to screen share and login. I have tried enabling and disabling on board graphics with no results. When connected to HDMI or DVI i get some random flickers on my display but thats it, yet my display is showing up as the main display in system profiler. I have attached a copy of my EFI folder. Please help Ive spent many days searching and trying many different things to no avail.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 106
Clover boot menu/manager try setting inject ATI and Orinoco framebuffer.
Inject ATI was already set and sorry but how do I set the Orinoco framebuffer? I googled it and wasnt sure if its a kext patch or how it works

EDIT: Haha silly me I found it in clover. But it still didnt solve my issue. Any other sugestions?

Last edited:
I had this same problem yesterday. I solved it by installing the lilu kext along with whatevergreen.kext in the kexts folder. After that all was good! Which RX 580 did you get?

I already have lilu and whatevergreen installed as you can see in my efi folder. I have the Sapphire rx 580 4gb oc

My bad, I see it now. In my set up I unchecked Inject ATI and RadeonDeInit under the Graphics portion in Clover Configurator. Maybe give that a shot?

Yup tried that but still no luck :/

XFX RX 580 8Gb here, I had to do nothing to get it to work, I only have Inject Intel and ig-platform-id for my board. are your kexts in the OTHER folder and latest version ?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/posts/1839647/

Try fixes at the end of this thread.
This got me to finally see the login screen for the first time but I have to keep IGFX enabled and as the main display in my bios settings. This means I have to keep multimonitor on in mac when im only using one monitor. How can I make the system think that my GPU is the IGFX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back