Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I have a Huawei Matebook X Pro(UHD 620) and I patched graphics but the computer screen doesn't work...
The display is 3000x2000 so technically QHD, but the thing is, I can't change the DVMT value in BIOS because it's apparently rewrite proof (even EFI shell doesn't work)... So right now I'm just assuming that the DVMT is enough.
The computer boots with an external display connected VIA HDMI (USB C), and the screen stays black with the backlight on. Then the external display stops working within a minute, so I have to sleep the computer and wake it up for the external display to remain on, the backlight turns off.

Main problem:
- internal display will work without acceleration, external display will not work
- internal display will not work with acceleration (framebuffer patches), external display will work
- with acceleration config.pllst, and without the external monitor plugged in, boot will be stuck in verbose (IOcounsel...)
- can't modify DVMT values in bios (rewrite protected)

What I think:
If the DVMT isn't the issue, then I think it's the EDID that's causing the trouble. I will upload the EDID file.

On a side note, can anyone link a guide to create a new layout ID for appleHDA, this laptop has 4 speakers but non of the defalt layouts will work.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_26997.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
  • DisplayVendorID-2889.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 114
  • EDID-w:HDMI.zip
    14 KB · Views: 140
Hi all,
I have a Huawei Matebook X Pro(UHD 620) and I patched graphics but the computer screen doesn't work...
The display is 3000x2000 so technically QHD, but the thing is, I can't change the DVMT value in BIOS because it's apparently rewrite proof (even EFI shell doesn't work)... So right now I'm just assuming that the DVMT is enough.
The computer boots with an external display connected VIA HDMI (USB C), and the screen stays black with the backlight on. Then the external display stops working within a minute, so I have to sleep the computer and wake it up for the external display to remain on, the backlight turns off.

Main problem:
- internal display will work without acceleration, external display will not work
- internal display will not work with acceleration (framebuffer patches), external display will work
- with acceleration config.pllst, and without the external monitor plugged in, boot will be stuck in verbose (IOcounsel...)
- can't modify DVMT values in bios (rewrite protected)

What I think:
If the DVMT isn't the issue, then I think it's the EDID that's causing the trouble. I will upload the EDID file.

On a side note, can anyone link a guide to create a new layout ID for appleHDA, this laptop has 4 speakers but non of the defalt layouts will work.

Thanks!

4k display will need kernel flag -cdfon.
Refer to guide plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Attachments

• debug_18977.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 148
That didn't do the trick, internal screen is still stuck on verbose (IOcousel...) though, while the computer is stuck on that screen, I can remote control into the laptop. I don't the screen is being detected/ used. Is there a way to fix this?

Your ioreg shows you're using an invalid ig-platform-id.
No expectation of working graphics (QE/CI) with the graphics drivers disabled.

Your ioreg shows you're using an invalid ig-platform-id.
No expectation of working graphics (QE/CI) with the graphics drivers disabled.
Sorry, I used an invalid platform-ID to boot in order to use the internal display of my laptop.
I attached a new debug file after booting with Framebuffer patched, and using an external display, but the internal screen is still not turning on, though the backlight is on. The internal display's backlight doesn't turn back on after I sleep the laptop and attempt to wake it back up, the external monitor is working as expected.

Attachments

• debug_23542.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 142
Sorry, I used an invalid platform-ID to boot in order to use the internal display of my laptop.
I attached a new debug file after booting with Framebuffer patched, and using an external display, but the internal screen is still not turning on, though the backlight is on. The internal display's backlight doesn't turn back on after I sleep the laptop and attempt to wake it back up, the external monitor is working as expected.

Your drivers64UEFI is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Not sure if it is related, but you should fix that first...

Attachments

• debug_15453.zip
    3 MB · Views: 161
  • AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.zip
    870.6 KB · Views: 102
Ok, I think I got the screen to work (aka accelerated), but the backlight isn't working, I think I implemented the backlight right, what did I do wrong?

Why are you attaching AppleIntelCFLGrahicsFramebuffer.kext?
Why did you patch it?

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:

Why are you attaching AppleIntelCFLGrahicsFramebuffer.kext?
Why did you patch it?

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
Backlight is now on... There's a slider in settings but doesn't work. Since I'm spoofing KBL-R to CFL, what do I need to do for the PNLF and RMCF ssdts? Please give me an idea on how this should be done.

Also, I checked what the differences between the patched CFL and native CFLframebuffer kexts. Here's the only one. Can you tell what the edit is? I have no clue. Edited version is on the right side.

Sorry if kexts aren't in SLE, this is only temporary so please allow that.
Screen_Shot_2018-11-10_at_12.23.59_AM.png

Attachments

• debug_13012.zip
    3 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Since I'm spoofing KBL-R to CFL,

Probably not a good idea, because CFL backlight control is different than KabyLake-R.
Spoof as 0x5916 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back