Graphics
Intel HD 620 + Geforce 940MX
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.

I have been having problems getting Sierra to work on my HP Spectre x360 Laptop (Kaby Lake), it installs fine the display works but without graphics acceleration and after i install the "Intel HD 6**" option from multibeast the display stops working but now i have graphics acceleration via HDMI, does any one now how can i get the display back?

Thanks.

Attached some pics to show what appears on the laptop display

File_002.jpeg
File_001.jpeg
File_000.jpeg

Hello.

I have been having problems getting Sierra to work on my HP Spectre x360 Laptop (Kaby Lake), it installs fine the display works but without graphics acceleration and after i install the "Intel HD 6**" option from multibeast the display stops working but now i have graphics acceleration via HDMI, does any one now how can i get the display back?

Thanks.

View attachment 269238
View attachment 269239
View attachment 269240
mulitbeast is for desktops

you can find a suitable config.plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also as per rules, please update your hardware profile

Hello.

Thanks.

View attachment 269238
View attachment 269239
View attachment 269240

mulitbeast is for desktops

you can find a suitable config.plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

also as per rules, please update your hardware profile

This happens to me too using the proper config.plist from RehabMan. In Clover, if you disable "Inject Intel" and boot in safe mode, (-x) then manually fix the permissions on your /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions folders, you will be able to boot with acceleration...maybe a few times before it happens again and you have to re-do it.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /
sudo kextcache -u /

Running the above in terminal from safe mode allows me to reboot with functional accelerated display.

Hello.

Thanks.

View attachment 269238
View attachment 269239
View attachment 269240

Check out my update in the Spectre x360 thread. I installed 10.12.6 and removed a bunch of spoofs, and this problem no longer plagues me.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ly-2017-kaby-lake.217940/page-21#post-1554029

thanks man, solved the graphics acceleration issue by disabling "Inject Intel" and restarting, didn't use kextcache, I think Kext Utility fixed that, now the laptop is usable :clap:.
hackintosh.png
hackintosh_clover.png

I have the same issue as you had. I tried to disable “Inject intel” in the clover boot menu but it doesn’t want to save parameters like that, it’s always reactivating it when I look up to the clover menu again. I don’t know how to save parameters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back