Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58 EVGA Classified SLI
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
Radeon 7770
I'm having trouble upgrading from El Capitan to High Sierra. I can create the Unibeast install key and the installer will begin to boot. I see the Apple logo with the progress bar, but once the bar reaches half way the screen will flash (I think it turns gray briefly) then I get nothing but a black screen. I've waited for 10-15 minutes but nothing ever happens after this.

My hardware is an EVGA X58 SLI LE and my video card is a Radeon 7770. I've been using MacPro5,1 as my system definition and I tried the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts along with the associated boot arguments (radpg=15 -lilubetaall), but no luck. I also tried the RadeonDeInit argument but that also did not help. Any ideas on what the problem could be? I've attached my plist file if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 181
I also wanted to mention that I tried iMac14,2 as my system definition just in case that helped, but no luck. I do have an Nvidia GTSX 260 card that I could try if someone thinks that would work.

I'm not sure. Were those were included by default when I created the key using Unibeast? I didn't select any graphics enablers when I created the key. The only option I recall selecting was Legacy Boot. I'll remove all of those options and try again. If that doesn't work I'll remake the key again and see if that fixes things.

Thank you for taking the time to look at the plist for me.

Search suggests that your graphics card is the cause of your troubles.
From what I've read (I spent most of yesterday searching the forums for anything related to the 7770), the problem is that the verde.kext doesn't work with Sierra or High Sierra. The new replacements for it are Lilu and WhateverGreen, which I have added along with the appropriate boot parameters. I'm guessing that I'm missing something from my plist, but I'm not sure what.

Ok I've cleaned up my plist and tried a few things but nothing worked:

1. With ATI Inject
2. Without ATI Inject
3. With RadeonDeInit

When I tried the ATI Inject I got 'no signal' instead of the black screen I've been getting so I guess that means that the black screen is actually trying to display something but can't for some reason. Here is my current plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 165
I managed to see what the last thing Verbose shows before the screen goes black and it is this:

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3 hs 0, bs 0, sm 0x0

Does this mean anything to anyone? I may try remaking my key and see if that fixes things because I'm at a complete loss right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back