Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Getting the black screen after a fresh install with Lion last update 10.7.5 and now with the Mountain Lion. I had someone help me make a custom DSDT that fixed the issue back in September, but since then I just wanted to start fresh, see if I could get sound working again, that also stopped with the last update in LION, thought maybe ML could fix that.

So my issue here must be with my Graphics Card. It's a PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024Mb bought it when I first made this Build, it was when SL was out. My motherboard is a Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0)

I built this back in September 2010. So my main question is, how can I get this working? If it is indeed a graphics issue, can I just go buy a new card thats more compatible with ML? Or is there a fix for this card? I'm very unfamiliar with making edits to DSDTs otherwise I'd try that method, last time I tried it was a very confusing mess.

Any Suggestions on new cards that are compatible with this MB and with ML?

Getting the black screen after a fresh install with Lion last update 10.7.5 and now with the Mountain Lion. I had someone help me make a custom DSDT that fixed the issue back in September, but since then I just wanted to start fresh, see if I could get sound working again, that also stopped with the last update in LION, thought maybe ML could fix that.

So my issue here must be with my Graphics Card. It's a PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024Mb bought it when I first made this Build, it was when SL was out. My motherboard is a Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0)

I built this back in September 2010. So my main question is, how can I get this working? If it is indeed a graphics issue, can I just go buy a new card thats more compatible with ML? Or is there a fix for this card? I'm very unfamiliar with making edits to DSDTs otherwise I'd try that method, last time I tried it was a very confusing mess.

Any Suggestions on new cards that are compatible with this MB and with ML?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=GeForce 9800GT mountain lion

http://www.tonymacx86.com/344-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-april-2013.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back