Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all! In need of some help.

I updated a 100% stable Hackintosh to 10.11.6 via the App Store. Upon reboot I'm getting no video output to the monitor but computer is still booting fine. Luckily I had remote access software installed so I can still control the machine & am able to log in / make changes. I updated to the latest nVidia web drivers and tried various solutions found here at tonymac86 without luck (via the remote access). If I change to the "OS X Default Graphics Driver" and disable nvda_drv I do get video output but the resolution is low and screen re-draws/bugs-out like crazy.

Hardware/software info:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H17M-DS3H 1151
CPU: i7-6700 3.4ghz
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0
System Definition: iMac17,1
nVidia web driver: 346.03.15f02
Clover: v2.3k r3696
Clover Configurator: 4.32.0
Boot Flags: nvda_drv=1, kext-dev-mode=1, dart=0

What I've tried:

multiple solutions pertinent to my setup here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

1. The PikeRAlpha config.plist board-id to board-ix fix
2. Shilohh's AGDPfix
3. Manual edit of AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext changing Config2 to none for my board-id
4. Verify Build in NVDAStartupWeb.kext
5. Rebuild permissions
6. Rebuild kernel caches
7. Also tried Kext Utility for rebuilding perm/caches

My config.plist is attached.

Please let me know if there is any other information I can give to help you help me.

Thanks so much in advance for any guidance here. Love this community!

-Nick

Attachments

• config.plist.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
I had a similar problem. What worked for me was manually trashing ALL Nvidia kexts in S/L/E. I did this from Windows, so I do recommend you trying this while your system is not booted. Plug your drive as an external USB drive if you can.

After trashing all the Nvidia related kexts, boot up without the nvda_drv=1 flag. You'll be using the default system drivers. At this point, download the latest Nvidia drivers and install. Reboot, and you should be good to go.

I had a similar problem. What worked for me was manually trashing ALL Nvidia kexts in S/L/E. I did this from Windows, so I do recommend you trying this while your system is not booted. Plug your drive as an external USB drive if you can.

After trashing all the Nvidia related kexts, boot up without the nvda_drv=1 flag. You'll be using the default system drivers. At this point, download the latest Nvidia drivers and install. Reboot, and you should be good to go.

How did you browse ALL kexts in windows? I have the trial of macdrive installed on my windows pc and the Mac HD connected as a USB external. Explorer only shows around 20 items in the S/L/E folder. If I browse the volume with HFS Explorer it's showing the full list but I can't interact (delete) anything with that program.

*SCRATCH THAT* I was in the wrong folder.

Thanks.

Deleted all the nVidia Kexts via windows > Booted without nvda_drv flag > reinstalled latest web driver > booted with nvda_drv flag

Still having the same issue. Any other ideas?

Also, I don't have any options checked in the "Graphics" section of the config.plist (I'm assuming I don't need "Inject NVidia" checked when attempting to use the web driver vs "os x default graphics driver"?

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Issue resolved. I tried the process that Tertuliano posted one more time from scratch and this time it did the trick!

Thanks so much.

-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back