Asus GTX 970 Strix
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

My name is Adem and I'm trying to install OSX El Capitan on my computer. Here is what's in the box :

Motherboard : AsRock Z97 Extreme4
Processor : Intel i5 4690k Haswell
Graphics : Asus GTX970 Strix
Memory : 8 GB Kingston PC3-12800 (2 chips) + 4 GB Gskill PC3-12800 (2 chips) (Dual Channel)
SSDs : Crucial M4 256 Go (for Windows 10, already installed) + Crucial BX100 120 Go for OSX

I tried to install El Capitan with Unibeast and the tutorial "Install OSX El Capitan on any Supported Intel Based PC", but I'm stuck before the installation : I have a black screen after choosing "Boot MAC OSX" on Unibeast.

I tried different boot flags :
-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes
nv_disable=1 cpus = 1

But none of them leads to the installation screen ...

I also removed the gtx970, but still this black screen, so I'm pretty quite stuck :cry:

Do you guys have some solutions or advices ??

Thank you for the support :)

PS : I'm from France so sorry if my English is not perfect :rolleyes:

:!: EDIT :!: : Works fine with 6.1.1 !

I having the same issue, so hoping someone is able to offer some help.

GIGABYTE GA-H87M-HD3
i5-4690
GeForce ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Thanks, I will check it now !

Ok so it was simple ... I didn't have the right version of Unibeast. Didn't work with Unibeast 6.1.0, but works fine with Unibeast 6.1.1 with nv_disable=1.

Thank you again for your help man !

I'm having the same issue with the black screen, except nv_disable=1 did not work for me. Any ideas?

I'm using Unibeast 6.1.1 as well.

I'm having the same issue with the black screen, except nv_disable=1 did not work for me. Any ideas?

I'm using Unibeast 6.1.1 as well.

Please list your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model in the system configuration area to the left and/or your signature. It's hard to give good advice without having that on hand on every post.

Please list your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model in the system configuration area to the left and/or your signature. It's hard to give good advice without having that on hand on every post.

Sorry, just updated that info

You should have created your EL Capitan install drive with UniBeast 6.1.1 (UniBeast lists the version number on the very first screen that comes up). For that board and integrated graphics, you should have selected UEFI boot mode and no options from the graphics screen in UniBeast. For the moment, you should not apply any other customizations to the install drive.

Then put your install drive into the new machine and use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device. Select "UEFI:YourUSBDrive" from the boot menu, and you should get the Clover menu. Select "Boot Mac OS X from YourUSBDrive" from the Clover menu, and see if you get something besides an instant black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back