black screen! in 10.7.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hello, I installed Lion successfully using unibeast. I installed Macbeast with a DSDT p5Q file. It was working file except the lan adapter but I later found a package for that and everything was running flawlessly. I decided to install 10.7.3 and it went down. My system boots but I lose the video after the grey screen. My system is still alive but without video (no kernel panic).

I tried to re-install 10.7, boot from USB on my Lion partition and I installed 10.7.3 from another usb key. It worked, but as soon as I installed the DSDT file it goes down again. I'm still stuck with a black screen after boot.

I can't figure out the culprit here. System looks alive

Setup
Asus P5Q pro
8gig
8800GT nvidia

Hey Slayerizer,
Your problem sounds like the same thing I ran into when I upgraded my card to an AMD 6850. Have you tried the other DVI port on your card? I moved over to the alternate and had full QE/CL and acceleration. Of course I had already rebuilt the system twice before figuring this little gem out...

Hope this helps,
nomad9

nomad9 said:
Hey Slayerizer,
Your problem sounds like the same thing I ran into when I upgraded my card to an AMD 6850. Have you tried the other DVI port on your card? I moved over to the alternate and had full QE/CL and acceleration. Of course I had already rebuilt the system twice before figuring this little gem out...

Hope this helps,
nomad9

sounds logical! I just tried it with no success. Too bad, it would have been an easy fix.

breiti3000 said:
could you report the -v boot command output?

does it get logged somewhere? When I enable it, it's hard to see something, the screen goes black a few seconds after the gray screen appears.. it's not hung or anything. System looks alive.

I tried another DSDT (specifically for P5Qpro deluxe) and this one worked better. By that I mean I can now use the system under 10.7.3

I did :
- the USB Lion install,
- reboot my Lion partition via the USB key boot loader
- install the combo update 10.7.3
- reboot my Lion partition via the USB key boot loader
- unzipped the asus dsdt on my desktop
- run MacBeast with custom DSDT
- installed lan driver Atheros package
- reboot and booted from the hard disk

I have 2 HDD + 1 SDD

SDD is my windows 7 boot drive
HDD #2 is my data drive for win7