Contribute
Register

Black screen hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sorry to take your time, does this mean anything to you it does say something about x3100 there

spec 2.jpg

Really sorry to take your time, does this mean anything to you it does say something about x3100 there

View attachment 184726

Intel GMA X3100 is on 965 Chipset. Which means you have X3100 Graphics. But the other image you uploaded was giving wrong information. Id fully recommend checking what Hardware you have before trying to run OS X.

Ok, thank you, taken on-board, does that leave me in the same boat now, or is it possible to overcome this

Ok, thank you, taken on-board, does that leave me in the same boat now, or is it possible to overcome this

No. Intel GMA X3100 is supported but kexts/drivers for the X3100 are in 32bit. Hence why Anything higher than Lion won't work. You will need to boot in 32bit. So try booting in 32bit with -v arch=i386.

ok thank you so much, I will give that a go and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again for your help and your time.

ok thank you so much, I will give that a go and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again for your help and your time.

Note. You will need to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes also as you need to inject.

OK awesome, does it matter which order I type them is

GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v arch=i386

the correct way

Ok brill, will post back once I have a chance to try it.

Gutted, no joy, still not booting, tried a few different ways and the arch=i386 on its own made it think for a bit but then black screen again :problem: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back