Contribute
Register

Black screen external monitor using HP Ultraslim dock station (with DP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your response but actually, that is what I did by putting the right file inside the folder "/System/Library/Display/Content/Resource/Override/..." and the file seems to be well applied as the DisplayproductName (which I redefined is that file) is well updated. But this is not the case for the EDID value.

My opinion is that maybe another script or patch crushes my value... Don't really know how to investigate more on that point.

Not possible to diagnose when you don't provide files that represent what you're doing.
I don't see where you attached this display override file.

Please find attached the file that I put here: "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-22f0".
As you can see on the attached screenshot, the DisplayProductName is well taken into account but when looking in IOReg the EDID is still the original one (not the one specified in the display override file).
Capture d’écran 2018-01-19 à 17.50.33.png
Capture d’écran 2018-01-19 à 17.52.57.png

Attachments

• DisplayProductID-3063.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 89
Please find attached the file that I put here: "/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-22f0".
As you can see on the attached screenshot, the DisplayProductName is well taken into account but when looking in IOReg the EDID is still the original one (not the one specified in the display override file).View attachment 307124 View attachment 307125

The plist seems to match existing examples in /System/Library/Displays/Overrides.
It is therefore likely that the EDID override does not affect the EDID you see in ioreg.

Hello,

Not sure to know exactly what you are talking about :(.
Which data from the plist file are you referring to?

Thanks for your diagnosis

Sorry again but I don't understand.
For me the ioreg EDID should be overrided by the EDID specified in the override plist file.

I got a news: I figured out that the EDID value returned by the "ioreg -lw0" command is the "patched" one whereas the one displayed using the ioRegistryExplorer app is still the old one...strange. So, my problem is probably not an EDID issue anymore... but still don't know how to solve it.

I got a news: I figured out that the EDID value returned by the "ioreg -lw0" command is the "patched" one whereas the one displayed using the ioRegistryExplorer app is still the old one...strange. So, my problem is probably not an EDID issue anymore... but still don't know how to solve it.

Maybe you're not running IORegistryExplorer correctly.
Don't make the mistake of opening a previously saved ioreg file... it will contain old data.

Another news, as shown in the screenshot below, the monitor is recognized as DVI or HDMI and not as DP...
Capture d’écran 2018-01-23 à 13.35.24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back