9600GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first post I wanted to avoid but here it is:
So I installed ML successfully through unibeast with boot option PCIRootUid=0, and then multibeast kept failing and my kexts got deleted and all hell broke loose,(stuck at only one ram bank or pci configuration begin, and nothing helped) so I decided to do a fresh install of ML, and i did the exact same thing I did before, but my monitor goes black now after the apple logo with or without the code PCIRootUID=0.

I've tried all of these codes and almoust all combinations:
-v
-x
-PCIRootUID=0 and PCIRootUID=1
-GraphicsEnabler=no/yes
-Rboot
-nPCI=0x2000 and nPCI=0x3000
-s
plus a couple of other codes i cant remember right now and nothing works
Then i deleted the whole mac partition and everything related, reseted the BIOS and configurated it once more to what it was. I Formatted the unibeast usb a thousent times and installed unibeast again. :banghead: NOTHING WORKS.
PLS GIVE ME AN IDEA! :/
I have a p5kpl-am ASUS motherboard and NVIDIA 9600 GT graphics card. 2048 installed RAM. Ask if u need any more details and if u have any idea I'll try and won't be rude, just help fast.

Hi Bahi-2,

Do you mind telling us what motherboard you have? Also do you have onboard Intel graphics?

Tnx for reply. I wrote in my post about the motherboard. Its Asus P5KPL-AM, and i don't have intel onboard graphics, I only have my Nvidia geforce 9600 GT.
:)

Bahi-2,

First of all I can only say it was a fluke or 'bit of luck' you managed to install Mountain Lion on your machine. Because it seems your specs may not be enough.
As far as we know, the Intel E7300 (ie. Core 2 Duo) is not supported by OSX Mountain Lion (not even on real Macs) so if you managed to get it installed that was sheer luck.

That was probably why you had those issues with the kexts failing. Because they are designed to work with the Core i3/i5/i7/Xeons onwards.

In any case you may be under-specced. I notice you don't have 4GB RAM (which is the minimum requirement to run Mountain Lion) - if you don't upgrade it, it may cause a lot of problems.

Anyways if you want to still try to install with your current setup, try this:

-v -x cpus=1

or

-v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000

If these don't work, then I would suggest try to install with Lion 10.7.4 instead, which should support your processor.
Let us know how it works out...

With all due respect I dont think that only those 4 processors are supported and I managed to install it a dozen times without the black screen, and everything was always fine without the audio, when trying to install audio I messed up the rest off the kexts on purpose, but unfortunally i got ahead of myself and ruined my configuration. As for the ram, I'm going to the store tomorow where there is an additional 2gb ram i preordered for my pc.
This was why I wanted to avoid asking for help, I don't have the money for the new equipment and I knew someone was going to tell me I'm not supported with my configuration, when I know it is possible. I'm not angry or anything, I'm glad for your response, but please don't leave this post "solved". The boot options didn't work. I can't understand why the sudden monitor problem, everything was fine with that anyways. Please try to discover what i could have done to cause that. I didn't add any new usb devices or simmilar.. What else might have caused it?
If everyone agree's that my pc is too weak I'll try Lion and keep you posted.

TNX again.:wave:

Same Problem do you get it Running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back