i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All updates since Mojave were successful, but at the last stage of updating from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3, it just boots into a black screen with the signal. AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen are the latest.

I also noticed that the display went asleep after 30 minutes (that is what I set before), but it remained a black screen after waking up the display. The Caps Lock key could be toggled with its light. The cursor also appeared occasionally. Audio was unavailable.

For my 9600K and RX 580 build, I have tried:
  • Injecting kexts
  • agdpmod=pikera
  • Disabling WEG
  • Injecting ATI
  • Placing kexts to L/E/ again and disabling injecting kexts
  • Switching different DisplayPort and HDMI ports
They still resulted in a black screen even using some combinations. Is there anyone having ideas about what happened and how to solve? Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
They still resulted in a black screen even using some combinations. Is there anyone having ideas about what happened and how to solve? Thank you for reading.

Post your EFI folder (without the themes) - maybe someone can help.

Post your EFI folder (without the themes) - maybe someone can help.
I can’t access the EFI partition now, but I’m sure I didn’t change anything after installing MultiBeast but Clover/Kexts/Others and config.plist. So I uploaded the plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 68
I have narrowed the issue as I have made it update to 10.15.3 successfully with my USB stick. Now I am trying to figure out why I can boot with my USB stick but I can’t boot with the internal Clover.

All right I think I just solved the entire issue by simply removing the old version of Clover, installing Clover v2.5k r5102 (tonymacx86), copying kexts back to Other, and slightly modifying config.plist to match my own build.

I uploaded the config.plist for references.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back