Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K 4 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
Hi,

I followed the main installation guide to setup my system. Everything worked good so far with my old Monitor, which had DVI.

Now I have a new Monitor which can only be connected via DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL and Mini-DisplayPort.

Using the HDMI cable, I can see everything like with the old Monitor, but the resolution is only 1080p (even after start-up and is the only resolution available in system settings). Changing Screen resolution in the clover config does nothing apparently:<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>2650x1440</string>

The other cable which came with the monitor is a DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort cable. Using this, I get a black screen (but signal is there after 3-5 seconds) UNTIL the system fully booted up, I don't even see the MoBo Logo. Is there a way to fix this? All is fine after booting up, I have full resolution.

I read about black screen problems related to some model identifiers, but I have set it like this:
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
"About this mac" confirms it i think (early 2008).

I have the standard graphics injection:
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
I tried with Intel = false and NVidia = true, but it didn't help.

Something which is also bothering me is the long boot time. It takes 45 seconds from pressing ON until I see my Desktop – and I have a SSD! The Timeout for clover is set to 1 second.

Could this be related to the graphics issue?

Hi,

I followed the main installation guide to setup my system. Everything worked good so far with my old Monitor, which had DVI.

Now I have a new Monitor which can only be connected via DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL and Mini-DisplayPort.

Using the HDMI cable, I can see everything like with the old Monitor, but the resolution is only 1080p (even after start-up and is the only resolution available in system settings). Changing Screen resolution in the clover config does nothing apparently:<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>2650x1440</string>

The other cable which came with the monitor is a DisplayPort to Mini-DisplayPort cable. Using this, I get a black screen (but signal is there after 3-5 seconds) UNTIL the system fully booted up, I don't even see the MoBo Logo. Is there a way to fix this? All is fine after booting up, I have full resolution.

I read about black screen problems related to some model identifiers, but I have set it like this:
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
"About this mac" confirms it i think (early 2008).

I have the standard graphics injection:
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
I tried with Intel = false and NVidia = true, but it didn't help.

Something which is also bothering me is the long boot time. It takes 45 seconds from pressing ON until I see my Desktop – and I have a SSD! The Timeout for clover is set to 1 second.

Could this be related to the graphics issue?

I can remember some 780Ti cards have issues in OS X have you installed nvidia web drivers?

The GTX 780 TI needs the webdriver to work anyway, so yeah, it's installed.

The GTX 780 TI needs the webdriver to work anyway, so yeah, it's installed.

Are you booting with nvda_drv=1 ? or have you added it to the Config.plist?

If you aren't seeing the mobo logo when booting then that is not specific to it being a Hackintosh. Make sure you have the GPU set as the initial device in you bios.

In the BIOS, the PCIe1 Slot is selected and I have the graphics card in the PCIe 16x slot (which I think is the same. I found it somewhere in the MoBo manual).

In the clover options menu I have:
Boot Args: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nvda_drv=1

Which is strange, because in the config.plist on the EFI partition I only have dart=0 as a boot argument. Where do the other arguments come from? I also noticed, that all kext from multibeast are installed in /Library/Extensions instead of /S/L/E or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ (only USB_Series9_Injector.kext is there (which works this way))

Is this intended? Btw, I would like to know more about those details, may you recommend any up-to-date background-information source?

Library/Extensions is recommended as it keeps the system partition vanilla and won't get written over accidentally when doing a system restore.

The other boot arguments are likely saved in the nvram. You can check this using terminal by typing in sudo nvram boot-args.

Thanks for the info!

I kind of solved the Monitor problem: I can set the DP streaming from DP 1.2 to DP 1.1 in the monitor settings.

Unfortunately, then I only get 60 Hz instead of the 144 Hz :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back