Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370 D3
CPU
i7 8700
Graphics
RX580
I open the “Install Catalina” drive in Clover. The Apple logo with loading bar comes up.

it gets maybe 3/4 complete and then usually purple streaks flash on the screen and it goes black.

I tried disabling Kexts and trying various different selections. But with varying success. It always crashes when trying to run in safe mode as well.
Any advice?

Attachments

• 69E63FDD-F9FE-440F-9BB4-2FCA2AAE59EA.jpeg
    69E63FDD-F9FE-440F-9BB4-2FCA2AAE59EA.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 79
Just put the latest WEG & Lilu Kexts in my folder - Tried again. Same issue

Just put the latest WEG & Lilu Kexts in my folder - Tried again. Same issue

Hi there.

Are you using UniBeast for the install?

Where are you installing your Lilu/Whatevergreen kexts?

Try adding the following to your boot-arguments:

agdpmod=pikera

... you can do this when at the Clover menu. Move the cursor down to the second row and Options. Add the command to the others, but note ...

You don't really want safe mode or single-user mode for an installation.

:)

Hi there.

agdpmod=pikera

... you can do this when at the Clover menu. Move the cursor down to the second row and Options. Add the command to the others, but note ...

I am installing them in the kexts/other folder.

Will try this and let you know!

Hi there.

agdpmod=pikera

Should I be adding the pikera code in addition to the "dart=0" which is currently there?

Edit: Removed Dart line and put your recommended Pikera code in - still the same results unfortunately

Should I be adding the pikera code in addition to the "dart=0" which is currently there?

Edit: Removed Dart line and put your recommended Pikera code in - still the same results unfortunately

Okay...

Which macOS version are you currently running?

the very latest version of Catalina

Ah no. Perhaps you misundertstood.

Which version of macOS are you presently successfully running, but trying to upgrade to the latest Catalina? Or is this a completely new installation?

Did you create a UniBeast installer USB drive?

Ah no. Perhaps you misundertstood.

Which version of macOS are you presently successfully running, but trying to upgrade to the latest Catalina? Or is this a completely new installation?

Did you create a UniBeast installer USB drive?

It is now a completely fresh install, as I felt that would get a smoother install (I was wrong)

yes. I created a UniBeast drive

It is now a completely fresh install, as I felt that would get a smoother install (I was wrong)

yes. I created a UniBeast drive

Okay...

If the result is as your picture in post #1 then the system isn't actually crashing.

What type of HDD/SSD are you installing to? Generally the hardware you show in your Profile should be easy to hackintosh.

What to do:

1) Check the Partition/Format you are using for your destination drive. Disconnect any other drives for the time being.

2) Run the UniBeast installer and at the Tools menu use Disk Util to check it.

3) Run the installer, do not use Single-user mode. For boot-arguments just keep: dart=0 and agdpmod=pikera for now.

4) Did you place Lilu and Whatevergreen on the UniBeast installer drive? Obviously you would have to do that on the machine you used to create the UniBeast installer :thumbup:. You could also try cursoring down to the Options menu in Clover and finding the DeInit setting and selecting that.

5) If you get another black screen, check if USB is still working. Do you have a Caps-Lock LED on your keyboard? Does it still turn on or off? This would indicate if the system is running but the GPU is not initialising.

6) If all fails then try using the motherboard iGPU output for your display. Disable the GPU in BIOS and set iGPU as Primary with a DVMT of 64 or 128MB if available. This might be tricky to boot so you could disconnect the GPU power lead temporarily (Maybe?).That's your choice obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back