- Aug 20, 2018
- Z370 D3
- i7 8700
If the result is as your picture in post #1 then the system isn't actually crashing.
What type of HDD/SSD are you installing to? Generally the hardware you show in your Profile should be easy to hackintosh.
What to do:
1) Check the Partition/Format you are using for your destination drive. Disconnect any other drives for the time being.
2) Run the UniBeast installer and at the Tools menu use Disk Util to check it.
3) Run the installer, do not use Single-user mode. For boot-arguments just keep: dart=0 and agdpmod=pikera for now.
4) Did you place Lilu and Whatevergreen on the UniBeast installer drive? Obviously you would have to do that on the machine you used to create the UniBeast installer . You could also try cursoring down to the Options menu in Clover and finding the DeInit setting and selecting that.
5) If you get another black screen, check if USB is still working. Do you have a Caps-Lock LED on your keyboard? Does it still turn on or off? This would indicate if the system is running but the GPU is not initialising.
6) If all fails then try using the motherboard iGPU output for your display. Disable the GPU in BIOS and set iGPU as Primary with a DVMT of 64 or 128MB if available. This might be tricky to boot so you could disconnect the GPU power lead temporarily (Maybe?).That's your choice obviously.
I haven’t got to the stage of selecting the install drive. But it will be an NVME m.2 drive
how do I do dart & the pikera in the same line from the Clover booter options?
latest Lilu and WEG have been added to the folder
I’ll try the iGPU and caps lock check and get back to you
edit: turned on iGPU in Bios, same result. However, Caps lock light wasn’t working during the loading screen, but began working after the screen went black...so implies the screen going black is caused by a change of some sort. I’m guessing the next screen in the process pops up and for whatever reason my system doesn’t like it?
might just leave it running on the black screen for a bit and see if anything happens