Graphics
A constance source of disappointment
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off, I'm new to hackintoshing and to Tonymac, so if this is posted in the wrong place I apologize but I need help!
Okay so here is my build, It's based on nofilmschool.com's mac pro build.

EVGA GeForce GTX570 HD 2560MB GDDR5 SLI Ready Graphics Card (025-P3-1579-AR​)

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K

Gigabyte Intel Z77 Dual Thunderbolt ATX Motherboard with BT4.0/Wi-Fi (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH​)

Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ32GX3M4X160​0C10)

Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS Modular Power Supply

Antec Performance One Series P183 V3 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-120G-G25​
by SanDisk

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

LG WH12LS30 12X Blu-ray Burner SATA Black with Software Lightscribe Bulk

Corsair Cooling Hydro-Series All-in-One High-Performanc​e Liquid CPU Cooler CWCH60

TP-Link 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N PCI-E Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card, TI Chipset

I made a Mountain lion 10.8.2 offical app store boot with Unibeast.
Installed it to the SSD drive, the Spinpoint is just a storage drive.
Everything was good. I ran multibeast and did the standard recommended things, "DSDT free installation, ALC898 Audio drivers, hnak's network drivers, 3rd party SATA, Trim ENABLERS,NVIDIA FERMI >2GB, Graphics Enabler=no

EVERYTHING IS WORKING AWESOME!

Install graphics card.

Motherboard screen comes up, bootscreen comes up, Apple boot logo appears for about a second, and then boom, black screen. Tried HDMI and DVI on multiple monitors to confirm it is not a monitor issue.

Tried "waiting" because I heard sometimes it goes out during boot up but comes back once the desktop arrives. NO DICE!

Noticed my resolution was a little low without the card, not 1080p. Went into misc in multibeast and clicked 1080p. No video card looks, awesome now, but videocard still has same issues.

Read somewhere that the USB 3 ports can cause a power issue, so I went into BIOS and turned of EXCHI or whatever it is called so all my USB 3 ports are now USB 2 ports.

Still no dice.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can lend me, I've taken this graphics card in and out of my system about a dozen times in the last few days and It's driving me, and my SO crazy!

Go into BIOS and verify these settings:

limit CPUID max - disable
execute disable bit - enable
intel virtual - disable
vt-d - disable

First 3 verified, not seeing the last one (vt-d) in my bios features menu.

Try booting with:

-v PCIRootUID=0
-v PCIRootUID=1

Same issue esaentially, I get 1-2 seconds of boot commands scrolling down the screen and then suddenly "black" screen and a few seconds later the monitor reads "no input". :(

Bump of desperation!

If no one has any idea how to fix this, can anyone reccomend a graphics card that will work out of the box with this setup?

Tried installing the offical drivers. Same issue keeps happening.
Tried a fresh install and installing the official drivers, still no change. What bother's me is that the boot is working up to a specific point no matter what . It's dificult to make put but it says "swap (something I can't read) SUCCESS just before the monitor loses signal.

I'm new to Hackintoshes also. Trying my first build.
I have almost the same exact build and the same problem. Same motherboard, same chip set, same graphics card.
I'm beginning to think the problem is with OSX10.8.2 and the new NVIDIA drivers that go with it. I don't know if there is a way to step back to 10.8.1 and earlier drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back