CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have black screen and cursor only after first boot with Mojave. Any ideas?

Done. Thanks!

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Someone can help?

I don't have a solve but I'm having the same thing. When working with screen resolution and scaling in the Display Preferences. I wanted to scale my 4K monitor to a smaller scale ("more space") and as soon as I clicked the button, my screen turned black but my cursor was still there. After I freaked, I got a random idea to plug in an old monitor sitting around. Sure enough, plugging in another display (1080) triggered the OS picture to came back. I tried the same process to make sure it wasn't a glitch but I was able to replicate it.

My GTX 970 is using a web driver from High Sierra though and isn't quite where I want it to be so there's an extremely high chance it's the lack of driver support. Maybe someone who knows hackintoshes better can piece our posts together and explain why it's happening.

Try using the HDMI port. For some reason on my setup, using the displayport during install only showed a black screen, and I thought the install had bombed. It didn't. Switched to HDMI, and screen came alive again.

I have similar issue with an older machine with a HD7770 gfx card
except I have a yellow screen and cursor.

Clover etc boots fine, install goes smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back