Contribute
Register

Black screen after wakeup, and strange audio issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP-G6
CPU
Intel Core i3-2310m
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried all possible combinations using clover (I checked ioteg -l, changes does take effect) and nothing changed. After wake I get a black screen with a cursor which I can move.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G3 (100 series chipset)
CPU
i5 6200
Graphics
Intel HD520 (1920 x 1080)
If you could show how you got that value "A5", we can try other apple displays.

pls. ref to attached image,
Note:
Use your vanilla EDID in step1
you can try different apple model in step2
I didn't check the item in step3
then press "Make" button, and you got the modified EDID, open it and find that magical byte.

All credits goes to Dismxq

Attachments

• FixEDID.jpg
    FixEDID.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 640
Motherboard
CPU
i5 6200
Graphics

Attachments

• DisplayVendorID-6af.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 77
Motherboard
CPU
i5 6200
Graphics
I tried all possible combinations using clover (I checked ioteg -l, changes does take effect) and nothing changed. After wake I get a black screen with a cursor which I can move.
Could you pls. share your EDID part in clover's config.plist? thx

Motherboard
HP-G6
CPU
Intel Core i3-2310m
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have attached the relevant files in my Clover directory. The important thing to note is that before I upgraded to Mac OS 10.13.1 from Mac OS 10.12.6, everything (Sleep, Wake Hibernate, Shutdown, Restart, etc) was working.

Another important thing is that, if I use "config_lotus.plist" file, sleep and wake works again except that, After I wake my PC from sleep I will have another VIRTUAL display, which is not attached to any physical display !!!!
I have solved this by mirroring the VIRTUAL display to my notebooks display. However, this virtual display keeps changing the VendorId, ProductID, and resolution. So, I cannot fake an EDID to set a resolution for it that matches my notebooks resolution to make mirroring painless.

The default video bitmap of my PC is:
0x80 is binary: 1000 0000
Everything is undefined!

Could you pls. share your EDID part in clover's config.plist? thx

I have attached some of the different EDIDs I have tried. They are located in Clover dir. The other Dir has the default EDID I got from windows.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 74

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have attached the relevant files in my Clover directory. The important thing to note is that before I upgraded to Mac OS 10.13.1 from Mac OS 10.12.6, everything (Sleep, Wake Hibernate, Shutdown, Restart, etc) was working.

Another important thing is that, if I use "config_lotus.plist" file, sleep and wake works again except that, After I wake my PC from sleep I will have another VIRTUAL display, which is not attached to any physical display !!!!
I have solved this by mirroring the VIRTUAL display to my notebooks display. However, this virtual display keeps changing the VendorId, ProductID, and resolution. So, I cannot fake an EDID to set a resolution for it that matches my notebooks resolution to make mirroring painless.

The default video bitmap of my PC is:
0x80 is binary: 1000 0000
Everything is undefined!

I have attached some of the different EDIDs I have tried. They are located in Clover dir. The other Dir has the default EDID I got from windows.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Motherboard
HP-G6
CPU
Intel Core i3-2310m
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Rehabman, I am sorry for late response. I tried so many configs and did lots of hard resets. This caused my home partition to be corrupt (Key out of order error) :(

I think I have attached all the files that you requested correctly.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 64

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
HP-G6
CPU
Intel Core i3-2310m
Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Backlight was working as it was. However, after installing the AppleBacklightinjector kext it does not work anymore. I rebuilt kextcache and restarted twice.

I have attached the new kextcache output.

Attachments

• kextcache_output.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.