CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I come here after hours of work.

I tried to upgrade my hackintosh from Big Sur to Monterey or Ventura without success.

Here are the specs :
  • Intel i9 9920X 12 cores
  • Asus Prime X299 A BIOS 3701
  • Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64
  • Samsung 970 Pro 1 To latest firmware
BIOS settings :
  • Load Optimized defaults
  • Above 4G decoding : Enabled
  • VT-D : Enabled
  • CSM : Disabled
  • Fast Boot : Disabled
  • Secure Boot : Disabled
  • Serial Port : Disabled
  • MSR Lock : Disabled
So for this update, I created an usb installer with gibMacOS and createinstallmedia in which I put my updated EFI for Ventura / Monterey.

I passed successfully verbose text and got stuck to a black screen with the mouse pointer on the top left corner, impossible for me to get it to move, even if I tried different USB ports.

So after many trials, I decided to update the SSD directly on my MacBook by plugging in into my M.2 to USB adapter and the Monterey update was successful, so I deactivated all apps at launch to avoid any conflict for the hackintosh

However, by plugging back the SSD and by replacing the EFI folder with the updated one from the USB installer key, I was still stuck on a black screen after verbose text but without the mouse pointer.

My dsdt is generated with AcpiDump.

My aml files are generated with SSDTime.

I tried SSDT-RTC0-RANGE-HEDT which is a prebuilt from Dortania guide and SSDT-RTC0-RANGE which is a file that I built from dortania’s guide, and it did not change a thing.

I mapped my MMIO regions, they are all good.

I tried CpuTscSync and TSCAdjustReset adapted to 23, no difference.

I put my SSD in an M.2 to USB adapter to plug it into an USB port and therefore to avoid any problem with NVMe, no difference.

I am under the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.

I swapped the Vega 64 with an RX 6800 XT in which I put MacPro7,1 SMBIOS without WEG to get it working, no difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back