Motherboard
Dell 7559-I75595012GRY (Clover)
CPU
i7-6700HQ/Skylake H07
Graphics
HD530/3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I'm posting this in order to ask for solutions about the Dell 7559 UHD display issue.

I installed El Capitan 11.5 using Unibeast following this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/

Because of the UHD display, I wasn't able to reach the installer until I set the ig-platform-id to 0x19160000 in Boot Options (in Clover). By the way, I used the same bootflags ( nv_disable=1 -v ) and settings (enable USB Ownership and Inject Intel).

So I reached the installer and continued with the guide.

The problem is that when I want to actually boot into the hard disk I've just configured, I can't. The issue comes back again and again. I tried using another ig-platform-id and now I'm trying to launch it without the Inject Intel settings.

Any idea? Please help!! :)

Hi everyone, I'm posting this in order to ask for solutions about the Dell 7559 UHD display issue.

I installed El Capitan 11.5 using Unibeast following this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...e-i7-6700hq-intel-hd-530-using-clover.191921/

Because of the UHD display, I wasn't able to reach the installer until I set the ig-platform-id to 0x19160000 in Boot Options (in Clover). By the way, I used the same bootflags ( nv_disable=1 -v ) and settings (enable USB Ownership and Inject Intel).

So I reached the installer and continued with the guide.

The problem is that when I want to actually boot into the hard disk I've just configured, I can't. The issue comes back again and again. I tried using another ig-platform-id and now I'm trying to launch it without the Inject Intel settings.

Any idea? Please help!! :)

Use an invalid FakeID to get past any graphics issues.

Note that UHD requires patching IOKIt.

See FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I got news, I was able to boot El Capitan using 0xa2e0008 as my ig-platform-id but I'm having issues with the VRAM, although I installed Intel HD 530 Graphics using Multibeast, it appears as Intel Unknown 31 MB in about this Mac. I don't have any idea why it's happening. By the way, I set screen resolution to 1920x1080 scaled since 4K looks pretty small. I'm not having any 'visual focus issues' it looks great, the only problem seems to be the VRAM.

On the other hand, Clover works perfect (allowing me to choose between Windows and OS X to boot) no USB required, all it's fine. I haven't configured battery (its icon's not present in the task bar) and additional kexts, ddst/sdst edits, etc. as the guide continues.

Thinking about the IOKit patch, will it fix the graphics issue?

Last edited:
I got news, I was able to boot El Capitan using 0xa2e0008 as my ig-platform-id but I'm having issues with the VRAM, although I installed Intel HD 530 Graphics using Multicast, it appears as Intel Unknown 31 MB in about this Mac.

As you have discovered, using an invalid ig-platform-id is an excellent way to disable the graphics drivers.

As you have discovered, using an invalid ig-platform-id is an excellent way to disable the graphics drivers.
I'll now, try to patch IOKIt with the scripts that are in the Lenovo's guide... I just have another question, were should I look for a valid ig-platform-id for my laptop?

I'll now, try to patch IOKIt with the scripts that are in the Lenovo's guide... I just have another question, were should I look for a valid ig-platform-id for my laptop?

If you use search you'll find a list of Skylake ig-platform-id values I made a while ago...

The most common value is already set in the plist linked by my Clover guide.

View media item 186915
If you use search you'll find a list of Skylake ig-platform-id values I made a while ago...

The most common value is already set in the plist linked by my Clover guide.

Because I was trying to finish the guide and patch the IOKIt later, I'm stuck at the DSDT.dsl compilation, I'm having multiple syntax errors and even before patching or modifying the default DSDT.

Any idea of what could be causing this? [see attached picture please]

I've read the entire guide, but nevertheless, I'm still having this errors when I clic on 'Compile'

12458, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
12541, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
12616, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I've attached my DSDT.dsl
Am I doing something wrong? I have also, applied the patches that the guide tell to.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    641.1 KB · Views: 171
I've read the entire guide, but nevertheless, I'm still having this errors when I clic on 'Compile'

12458, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
12541, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting '('
12616, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

I've attached my DSDT.dsl
Am I doing something wrong? I have also, applied the patches that the guide tell to.

Only two errors in this DSDT.dsl.

First (line 13925) is due to your adding an IMEI device when one is already present or adding one twice with two different patches.

After removing the duplicate IMEI, no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back